The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1993 GXE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this was already posted, but what kind of sealant do i use to seal my tail lights?
i put on my clears couple months ago, just noticed that water is leaking into my trunk. its comin in from the tail light opening.
see....when i put the clears on i didnt reseal it, didnt think it would be that big a problem. its been pouring where i live, and the space where my spare tire is loaded with water and the trunk carpet is soaked!

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
What we use is whindshield instalation ribbon .... Go to a Auto parts store and ask for a 3M Whindshield instalation kit ... The kind with the gooie stuff ... It is just like the factory stuff...

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
i just used thick, i mean thick, weather stripping tape. It's so thick that when you tighten the light down, it mashes the tape and makes a good seal. This is what i did over 7 months ago and no leaks thus far.

plus, this way you don't have to mess with that gooie nasty black shit

·
1993 GXE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just bought some black rubber/sealant stuff, hope it works. it says to let it dry bout 24 hours
as for now...my trunk carpet is hangin to dry, and i found a drain plug below the spare tire, so all the water is out.
there was even water in the side panel....you know where the bottom part of the antenna is? yeah, down there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts