60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
sardonic patron
24 Posts
have to second that...

OhTwoAltimaSE said:
Those are Steel mufflers...
...ti is always matte, never polished. That looks specifically like stainless to me.

:angry2:

·
Nipponese
4,000 Posts
Re: have to second that...

theargosy said:

...ti is always matte, never polished. That looks specifically like stainless to me.

:angry2:
I doubt it's Ti too, it's way too cheap to begin with. BTW, Ti could be polished.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
It's very hard to believe that they're Titanium. Look nice, though I prefer tips that are a constant diameter from the can back.

·
sardonic patron
24 Posts
that's not my understanding...

poisonfist said:

You can form any metal into any shape.
...take carabiners, for instance. (The big metal clips formed out of rod stock that keep climbers alive.) You can't buy them in ti because they can't be bent from rod stock.

·
Nipponese
4,000 Posts
Ti can be weld, formed, and casted just like any other metal (although you need a none oxigen environment to weld, argon gas solves that problem). I am somewhat of a metal expert, if you have looked at my profile, you'd already know that.

·
Always something better
1,037 Posts
They don't look bad but I would not get either one, they look like they belong on a kids honda

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bullshit...

This is no titanium... This metal is a very expensive, not counting that it is very difficult to work with and I don't see how you can produce a muffler with titanium for this price... Non-sense to me...

·
Nipponese
4,000 Posts
Re: that's not my understanding...

theargosy said:

...take carabiners, for instance. (The big metal clips formed out of rod stock that keep climbers alive.) You can't buy them in ti because they can't be bent from rod stock.
I found a Ti carabiner BTW here ya go <http://storrick.cnchost.com/VerticalDevicesPage/Rappel/EightPages/Eight502.html#anchor128694>

Belay 8 Version B

This is essentially the same as Belay 8 version A, except the carabiner keeper is made of hard plastic. The photograph shows the eight connected to a Russian titanium carabiner . I do not know enough about the metallurgy or the quality control on the Russian carabiner to recommend this.
And I have, as I mentioned in my first reply, have mentioned that the mufflers posted are highly unlikely to be Ti. The color nor the price is not right, I am just stating the fact that Ti can be manipulated into far more flexible applications than people here think.

·
sardonic patron
24 Posts
Re: Re: that's not my understanding...

poisonfist said:

I found a Ti carabiner...I am just stating the fact that Ti can be manipulated into far more flexible applications than people here think.
Point taken! I haven't been into the climbing scene for about two years--at that time there were no ti biners. Leave it to the Russians (who control most of the world's titanium) to be first with a new ti product. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank u soo mcuh everyone! :):D ;) :p
So.. the first one isn't worth it cuz it's likely to be steel no ti..
wat about the second one? not good?
Someone mentioned that they both looked like a civic stuff..
agreed.. but i wanted to get a muffler with larger tip..
Cuz currently mine's 3.5 or 3" and looks pretty small..
i mean.. the altima's butt is reaaally biiiigg and the small muffler tip was really not matched out...if u know wat i mean..
Will post pic lator!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Altimat said:
Check out mine: GHL
Which one is urs?
It looks kinda..not clean? crude..
I'm trying to look for quality this time.. i already have a sudo univ. muffler on.. and need a nicer replacement

NEWAYZ!! So these two i posted up are not good?

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
The pics do look crude. It looks better when you get it. Not as shiny as some imported mass-produced mufflers but these are high quality US made SS mufflers at a good price. They also have a unique method of exposing the glass packing to the exhaust gases by using large rectangular cutouts with a fine mesh behind them. Gives a better tone but is not easily mass-produced.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PLEASE!! I'm running low on bidding time :)
So r these two mufflers a nono?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
02SEwhtPearl said:
If there is any type of titanium in there it would have to be around .5 to 2% like the cheaper golf clubs that say they are titanium.
contacted the guy.. he said the price is low cuz
1) No one wants these single large tips
2) running out of business(?)
???????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts