The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gen 6 (2007) Nissan Maxima 3.5L SE. I have been trouble shooting an issue with if for 2 weeks now off and one. It has been sitting in the drive way since the issue arose. Car in question has roughly 234,000 miles on it. Alternator is 2 months old along with two new AGM batteries. one in front and one in rear. Voltage is great. no prior history of issues.
sorry this might be long but I just would like some help before towing to a shop because car cannot be driving anywhere.
The issue is that the TCS off and slip light are on constant on as well as the check engine light. there is barely any throttle response. only revs to a little over 1500 rpms and no higher. still goes in Drive and reverse and will creep forward and backwards like normal but will not go when pedal mashed to the floor. scanned it and codes indicated throttle position or accelerator pedal position low input and voltage correlation. Changed both the throttle body and pedal along with both Cam position sensors and also checked wiring in immediate view along with connectors. still no fix. codes still appear, lights still on, performance still the same. Performed Relearn procedure several times as well. I'm lost at what else it could be and may have to end up sending it to a shop because I don't know what else to do.
attached is a screenshot of the codes that pop up even after replacing what they say the issue is. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car has me on the side of the road with what sounds like the same problem. The only difference is when i crank mine up the only lights that are on is the brake and the battery. After i hit the gas the other ones come on. Have u found out anymore information

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gen 6 (2007) Nissan Maxima 3.5L SE. I have been trouble shooting an issue with if for 2 weeks now off and one. It has been sitting in the drive way since the issue arose. Car in question has roughly 234,000 miles on it. Alternator is 2 months old along with two new AGM batteries. one in front and one in rear. Voltage is great. no prior history of issues.
sorry this might be long but I just would like some help before towing to a shop because car cannot be driving anywhere.
The issue is that the TCS off and slip light are on constant on as well as the check engine light. there is barely any throttle response. only revs to a little over 1500 rpms and no higher. still goes in Drive and reverse and will creep forward and backwards like normal but will not go when pedal mashed to the floor. scanned it and codes indicated throttle position or accelerator pedal position low input and voltage correlation. Changed both the throttle body and pedal along with both Cam position sensors and also checked wiring in immediate view along with connectors. still no fix. codes still appear, lights still on, performance still the same. Performed Relearn procedure several times as well. I'm lost at what else it could be and may have to end up sending it to a shop because I don't know what else to do.
attached is a screenshot of the codes that pop up even after replacing what they say the issue is. Thank you.
View attachment 101277
I have a similar problem and the only way I can drive it with no problems is by pulling the horn fuse then starting it up. I can drive it all day long but the second I put that fuse back in it kicks the car in limp mode. Did you ever get yours fixed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem and the only way I can drive it with no problems is by pulling the horn fuse then starting it up. I can drive it all day long but the second I put that fuse back in it kicks the car in limp mode. Did you ever get yours fixed?
View attachment 101277
Don't know if you ever figured it out but mine was the radio grounding out the ecm. Replaced radio and fixed. Weird

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.