The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
obeyforiamroot
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i only noticed this for the last two days but my temperature gauge started jumping. It doesnt overheat or anything, the guage actually jumps down for about a half a sec and back to normal, and sometimes it vibrates. Ive been trying to notice the surcumstance under which this happens and it seems its cause by road bumps. WEIRD! any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
The temp sensor is mounted above the alternator, right on the radiator hose. Just tighten or tape it & you'll be a-okay

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
Check your cooling system, you could have air in the system. Normally when the gauge bounces around like that, normally it's air in the system and you need to flush and bleed the cooling system. Have you done a flush recently?

·
obeyforiamroot
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohhhhh now ic. when i was taking out my headlights i really pushed the hose going above the alternator out of my way. Ill tighten that and see what happens

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
sounds like you got air in the system, or the thermostat is shot, or your coolant temp sensor is shot. One or the other or all three. Bleed the system and refill until coolant comes out of the air bleeder hole then fill the radiator up with the coolant/water mix and see how it goes from there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts