The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A Mexican Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My temperature Gaugue is going nuts and i want to know what could be the problem before i take it to a mechanich and get charged like 100 bucks to fix a simple problem..any suggestiongs are gladly taken :)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
is it fluctuating a lot? check this..pop your hood. the wire going into your thermostat..is the wire exposed? if it is..the exposure is throwing off your sensor. what i did was got some silicone hose and wrapped it in it so the wire would not be exposed.

·
A Mexican Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it keeps going up and down but it only does it half the way it does not go all the way up...like all the way to the bottom then all the way to the middle...nevet to the top:confused:

·
Registered
41,391 Posts
ZKrazy said:
is it fluctuating a lot? check this..pop your hood. the wire going into your thermostat..is the wire exposed? if it is..the exposure is throwing off your sensor. what i did was got some silicone hose and wrapped it in it so the wire would not be exposed.

I've been watching mine lately since it's been doing the same thing. If I floor it, it drops all the way down to C very rapidly. Most of the time, it will move up and down slightly a bit, then stay in the middle...

·
Registered
45 Posts
mine did that and then died

same thing was happenning to my car a week ago and now its just dead. I dont know what to do. Any help will be apprecaited. Anything I should be checking for. HELP!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
yea..same shit with nismoalty's car. my car did that for a while too. just do what i told you..the temp gauge is mechanical so if the outer rubber hose tears and exposes the wire..the readings will get all messed up. if you guys dont know the thermostat is..i'll tell ya. from the radiator..the top hose connects to the motor. there is a little sensor attached to it. check the cord the sensor is connected to for any place where the wire may be exposed. get some silicone hosing, rubber hosing..anything small in diamter to put over it. it should be fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts