The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day to all,

Past tuesday I Bought an altima 08 2.5, when I bought it the steering had a sound, it wasnt that noisy so It didnt matter to me (thinking that if I change the fluid it would be all rigth).

So yesterday I made the change of the fluid, but when I started the car a horrible sound was singing when i was moving the steering :(

I thought if I go left to right with the motor off it will send the air away, (i saw a video). I did it didnt make a change.

I bought the PS fluid on autozone, an autozone PS fluid. Then I went back and bought an autozone ATF dexr III/merc, and flush away my PS fluid for the new ATF fluid. It didnt make any difference.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

The reservoir is with foam and bubbles.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
So what kind of fluid was supposed to be in it? It's very expensive to guess on these things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the manual says that PSF from Nissan, (I was doing it at night) I went to autozone and bought X PSF.
Put it in > noise > autozone again > bought an ATF Dexr III >Flush the PSH for the ATF > Same noise.

I look for it on google, and found that the Dexr III was ok for Altima 2.5.

what do you think?

·
6,365 Posts
I looked at your Owner's Manual, on p.9-2 footnote *3 it says Dexron VI is to be used, not Dexron III. Time for a full flush and pray.

·
6,365 Posts
Dexron III/IV is not such a big deal. The Autozone PS fluid, from what I can tell, is mineral oil...that ain't gonna be pretty. Not sure what kind of bastard chemical children that might create in a PS pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, apparently It wasn't the PSF, I check all the conections, and realize that 1 of them was a little loose and the air was going in.

It has no extra noise (the noise was exactly as I bought the car). When I turn left or right it sounds a little bit what could it be? the pump?

Thanks d0ugmac for answering :)

·
6,365 Posts
Need more detail on the sound...rattle, hum, vibration, hiss, clank, ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts