reports indicated no survivors. United also confirmed the crash of Flight
175 from Boston to Los Angeles.

• The Pentagon, the White House, the State Department, the Justice
Department, the Capitol, the CIA and all other government buildings in
Washington evacuated.

• President Bush cancelled an appearance in Florida to return to
Washington, calling the crashes "apparent terrorist attacks" and "a national
tragedy."

• In the first ever national ground stop of aircraft, all flights nationwide have
been stopped at their departure airports.

• All international flights were diverted to Canada.

• Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef, the Taliban ambassador to Pakistan, said in
reaction to the news of the terror attacks that "we want to tell the American
children that Afghanistan feels your pain and we hope that the courts find
justice."

• In New York, more than 10,000 rescue personnel rushed to the scene.
The entire downtown area of Manhattan was evacuated as far north as
Rockefeller Center, according to an official at an emergency command
post.

• Israel has evacuated all its missions around the world.

• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta was
evacuated. CDC was preparing bioterrorism teams in case they become
necessary.

•&nbspPhiladelphia landmarks were also evacuated.

• In Chicago, the Sears Tower was evacuated; United Nations in New
York evacuated.

• The New York Port Authority said it had closed all bridges and tunnels
into the city.

• U.S. stock markets were closed after the New York attacks.

• NATO sent home all non-essential personnel from its Brussels, Belgium,
headquarters.

• Border between the United States and Mexico closed.

• Los Angeles International Airport has been evacuated.

• Disney World in Orlando, Florida, has been closed.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
you can add to that...

all airports have been shut down
all embassies on high alert
all military bases on high alert
F-16's on patrol in DC

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
victor said:

• Border between the United States and Mexico closed.

i'm watching the news here in San Diego. the border is open but on high alert...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hey i live in pa and i heard that plane that crashed in summerset county was shot down by a f-16 because it was heading towards the white house!!!! This shit if fucked up!
-Smacko

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ry said:
you can add to that...

all airports have been shut down
all embassies on high alert
all military bases on high alert
F-16's on patrol in DC
um...

• In the first ever national ground stop of aircraft, all flights nationwide have

·
Registered
312 Posts
i woke up at 9am to get in the shower, then off to work. Before i got in the shower i said what the hell lemme go online real quick. i signed on and on the aol news screen that pops up i seen pics of the trade center in flame. I said to myself... hmmm whats this a new movie... they must be showin the special affects for a new movie or somethin.. then i clicked on it and realized it was no joke, i ran downstairs and woke my mom up because my brother works 2 blocks from the trade center. he works at the stock exchange. all phone lines to ny are shut down, his wife had his cell phone which would have been no help anyway. then my sister calls me flipping out beyond belief because my brother called from the trade center and said he was alright then the phone went dead. bla bla bla 3 hrs later of watching news. waiting for phones to ring. he called my sister from staten island and said that he did in fact get out alright. I'm still waiting to talk to him and get the full details. A few of my boys in staten island said the smoke was going from the city into staten island and they could see the towers going down from their houses. I've stood in front of those buildings in my 18 years living there b4 i moved out to jersey and i looked up at them and thought back to when they bombed them and wondered how anyone could even attempt to try and nock buildings of that size to the ground. so watching what was on the news was totally not even comprehendable in my head. Well i'm out, much love to the families if they arent in contact with anyone they know was there. ill get back when my bro gets to me with some stories.

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
victor said:

um...

whoops... didn't catch that one...

·
Trinispeed
106 Posts
God Bless all the people that were affected by this craziness...

·
a.k.a. Big Daddy
108 Posts
I'm from PA and I went to my friends house this morning to pick him up and go to NYC to go shopping, and he was sleeping in.........Thank The Lord!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw it

I was working at the seaport in jersey and saw the second plane hit the bldg . it went right over us and hit the that shit and we stayed and the bldg just fell. we said oh shit! and then a little time later the other bldg fell. man ny don't ever look like ny no more without those two bldg there just gone . man look like something you would see on a movie but i saw it.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
smacko: that plane in PA did not get shot down by an american aircraft, it crashed on its own accord.

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
also check the thread in off topic about the donation.

·
Energy Liberation Front
714 Posts
Horrible, that's all I can say. Seeing the people jump out of the burning buildings was just too much.

·
Fat Pact Member
264 Posts
i dont know about you but i wish i was in the military. i actually thought about joining today. i wish i could be one of the first people to come upon whoever did this to bring them paine. this whole thing is totally uncalled for even for terrorists to do that. I hope the pres will bring down hell on whomever and whoever had anything to do with it to show them not to fuck with us. Thats how i feel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
uncalled for

just wanna send out my prayers out to the families and i really feel bad for the counrty that did this they gonna get hurt i went to kearny nj before and i saw all teh smoke and everything ny will never be the same...you think they will rebuild them?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
Re: uncalled for

Those were among my favorite buildings in the world. Nice, Clean, majestically simple. If I was in charge, I would build them exactly the same, only bigger and better. Kind of a "Hah! We're back! In Your Face" kind of statement.

I'm not trying to downplay the tragedy that has occured here, but a war is exactly what we need. It will boost everything... national morale, national economy, world economy... and it will probably help many many Americans sleep better at night, knowing that our government is taking a more active role in protecting its citzens. World War II and Roosevelt's Grand Plan is what brought America and the world out of the Great Depression, and I think the same thing can happen here. Blast the crap out of Osama bin Laden.

Navy Seals, and Army Special Forces are going to be very busy for the next few months.

Where's the guy (John Travolta's character) from Swordfish when you need him?

·
Traded in Alti!!!
118 Posts
Crazy day.................

This whole thing is just so uncomprehendable, I just cant believe something so terrible could happen, i guess it's because of some GA conference we had in africa or Australia, we walked out on it or something???? Also we are getting blamed for an explssion in another country?? My Prayers and condolences to everyone, especially those who lost friends and family in this terrable act on humanity, i personally know some one that was there, my moms friend works at the Trade center and was late to work and parked her car and was told to leave because a plane just hit it, that was b4 the 2nd plane the she started running in the chaos and her car got smashed by 2nd plane debre, also another member here on the board was telling me about his dads friend on one of the planes, and sis's friend work right there in NY. Hope all goes well across the rest of the Nation and we all gain something from this, to live one day ata time and do that extra something u never got around to doing, go for it, make that move, don't be shy or embarrassed, thank you Good luck and love and prosperity for everyone!! God-Bless!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I work in Boston in the John Hancock tower, and one of our employees at my company here was on Flight 11 that was hijacked and crashed into the world trade center. Needless to say, this is going to be a difficult time for all Americans. It only adds to the pain to find out that someone you know is one of the immediate victims in all of this. However, even through the absolute worst of times, we as Americans, as a free people must rise to the occassion and bounce back from this as I'm sure we will. Today, I raise my American flag higher than it's ever been raised before and would proudly die fighting to keep it raised!!! A free people cannot be stopped!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts