The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I gota say is the Spec V was super slow !!!! The first time I got into it I was bouncing off the rev limiter ,and it didnt pull worth beans ..... All I can see is someone doing Intake and Exhaust and having a car that bounces off the rev limiter every shift ..... Oh did I mention it was slow ..... The suspension felt good , and the rest of the car was pretty cool , but thought it felt like my Altima when It just had the intake ...... I would guess a mid to high 15 sec car if you could keep it off the limiter !!!!!!!

As for the Maxima ..... That is completely opposite ...The salesman drove it off the lot and imediately smoked the tires all the way into 3rd gear !!!! I was like holy cow ..I drove it and was VERY impressed with the power , it pulled super strong .... The only thing I didnt like was if you got into it sowly you could feel little dips and flat spots , I am guessing where the valve timing changes .... And the suspension was super soft !!!! Would need major changes to make it any where near road course worthy ..... The brakes were awesome , and the interior was nice ..........

They didnt have any 3.5 SE Altimas in a 5 speed , so I didnt even drive one of those ........

I wish I could have had more time in the Spec V but the gas light was on , so he didnt want us to go to far , I would of liked to do a 0- 90 run , but I only got a 0- 65ish , and taken it through some corners ..... But thre price was impressive .... $17,500 for the Spec V that I drove and the Max was arond $30,800 .......

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
That's crazy pricing - buy it in Canada if you can! You can get a Max here for about 31 - 35. Your pricing puts it at over $48000 CDN!! (30800 x 1.56)

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Spec V slow??? Is that any indication that the 2.5 Altima will be p!ss poor slow???

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Don't worry about the sticker price on the Maximas ... it takes no effort at all to get them down to invoice. Harder on the new Alty or SE-R because they're getting more attention than the Maxima.

My Maxima's sticker was over $26K, and the dealer-added sticker raised it another $4K to just over $30K, but I only paid $23,411.

·
Registered
32 Posts
flarearrow said:
Spec V slow??? Is that any indication that the 2.5 Altima will be p!ss poor slow???
People have high expectations from a sports car (Spec V). It is slower than what they expected, and it does not perform so well compared to many of its peers in its market.
The 2.5 Altima however, is a mid-size family sedan that performs better than its 4cyl peers. It just depends on your point of view I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts