The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a used 02 se today with 44K on the odo. The dealer told me to take one out and see if it shifted the same as mine did as far as firmness.

Couple of observations....

1st I pitty you guys with the cloth seats...they are like a lint magnet..I have never seen a car so bad.

2nd This car had the clunk in the trunk....No TSB was performed.

3rd Front rotors were shot..No suprise.

4th it felt like I was driving a 10 year old pontiac with all of the rattles surrounding me.

5th the tranny was a little firmer than mine, but not much better than mine. Not enough for Nissan to do anything.

Before my test drive..I went into service and asked about the possibility of an adjustment for shift firmness, they said they have never done such a thing, would have to make and appointment and they would need to research it:angry4:

It this is what 44k brings in our high quality altima's......I don't want to be there for it....

Granted...this car could have been beat to death...But..damn....what a rattle trap

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
wild willy said:
I test drove a used 02 se today with 44K on the odo. The dealer told me to take one out and see if it shifted the same as mine did as far as firmness.

Couple of observations....

1st I pitty you guys with the cloth seats...they are like a lint magnet..I have never seen a car so bad.

2nd This car had the clunk in the trunk....No TSB was performed.

3rd Front rotors were shot..No suprise.

4th it felt like I was driving a 10 year old pontiac with all of the rattles surrounding me.

5th the tranny was a little firmer than mine, but not much better than mine. Not enough for Nissan to do anything.

Before my test drive..I went into service and asked about the possibility of an adjustment for shift firmness, they said they have never done such a thing, would have to make and appointment and they would need to research it:angry4:

It this is what 44k brings in our high quality altima's......I don't want to be there for it....

Granted...this car could have been beat to death...But..damn....what a rattle trap
I shall remain mute :angel1:

·
Make it last...
406 Posts
I've got 40K, 2002, and fabric interior. Car is as solid as ever, and the lint thing is real. I use rubber gloves, it just rolls the lint right off. Static guard helps a lot too!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I got back into my car..It seemed like a Maybach

1 - 20 of 41 Posts