The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out that my insurance rates are going up $100 per year due to "claims history on the model".

I.E. young kids getting lots of speeding tickets and accidents.

I fought it since I have ZERO tickets or accidents for over ten years. Perhaps they won't raise my rate.

In any case, it's still nice to know that according to previous rate posts I still pay less than half of what many of you pay! (with the increase it'll be $800 per year even).

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I finally got a speeding ticket after so many years of driving ticket free. I went to traffic school and should not reflect my driving record. It's so easy to get carried away with the power of our cars. As far as insurance, my insurance just told me that my premium for all my cars just dropped $300.

·
Harley Polly
570 Posts
'Charm" School

JerryJ said:
I finally got a speeding ticket after so many years of driving ticket free. I went to traffic school and should not reflect my driving record. .
Three years back, I got my first ticket after over thirty years of driving. I was pleased when the cop offered the traffic school option. Where I live this 'charm' school, is not a class, you just go to a police station and write a multiple choice exam on non-aggressive driving and pay $55. Your record is wiped out if you do not get another ticket within a year.:D

PG

·
Registered
176 Posts
I dropped my insurance rate from 2000 a year last year to 1200 this year. Both with full coverage. No accidents or tickets in the last 5 years. I am in NY which sux for insurance but made off well this time.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i've gotten one ticket when i was 17 with my new alty and i went to driving school so it shouldn't be reflected. AND stop blaming "young kids" as you say. I'm so sick of hearing this b.s. Sure there are some of us young people who are maniacs and can't drive at that. But not all of us are stupid. Stop stereotyping. I hate that b.s.!!!:angry2: and just so you know, which i'm sure you already do, because of those certain young people that are like that, my insurance, as well as anybody under 25, is f*cked...it sux being an 18 year old male and having to pay a shitload of cash just for insurance cuz of some f*ckers that can't drive and don't know when not to drive like maniacs.....!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
This year I've already gotten into one accident and one speeding ticket. You can blame me Sarge! :)

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bakes said:
And I suppose you had a perfect childhood with no tickets....
Actually, I've been driving 17 years and have had zero speeding tickets.

·
driven
1,110 Posts
SgtBaxter said:
Actually, I've been driving 17 years and have had zero speeding tickets.
Just so you know....insurance premium hikes aren't always about prior history with a specific car. insurance premiums in general are going up around 10% across the board this year. This is due to the fact that investments and the markets aren't doing well. Investment income is the primary profit centre for insurance comanies. They invest the premiums they receive and make money on their investing, if they can't make enough money that way, guess what, they have to raise premiums. Most insurance companies aim for a 110% ratio of claims to premiums. Every year, claims are always higher than premiums but this year there is no investment income to help offset this so companies are forced to raise their premiums.

I have a clean driving record for the past 17 years and am also having to pay high premiums so I feel the pain. What can you do?

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
SgtBaxter said:

This sounds like a personal problem to me, so if you are going to call someone a moron, dont do it here.

My insurance dropped $300 a year when I got my Altima, so I dont know what you are crying about!

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
SgtBaxter said:
Found out that my insurance rates are going up $100 per year due to "claims history on the model".

I fought it since I have ZERO tickets or accidents for over ten years. Perhaps they won't raise my rate.

In any case, it's still nice to know that according to previous rate posts I still pay less than half of what many of you pay! (with the increase it'll be $800 per year even).
LoL how does the way young kids drive their Altima affect your policy ? Thats like saying the Camry's insurance is higher because more old people drive and they crash into stuff. I mean have any of you seen the bumpers on most new camry's ? They're almost always dented in on the corners. Thats not a fair nor true statement for me to make :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts