The Nissan Club banner

8061 - 8080 of 8130 Posts

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
My rpf1's would be exactly what your looking for.

Went with a 245/45. Perfect stretch and enough meat for nyc roads.
I actually considered it, Justin. I love how the RPF1s looked on your SE-R, but I don't plan on going to a 45 profile, and that would be needed with a 9.5" wheel. I think keeping to a 9" would work the best with a 245/40. On that note, I hope someone picks them up from you soon - killer wheels at a great price.

Sup TUKO? Hope all is well bro :cool:
Ditto - what'chu been up to, Tuko?

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
Hi, all... considering a wheel change for serious, now.

Anyone know if 18x9.5 with an offset of 45 has been done? I'm not concerned about the fender side, but the suspension side is what has me a bit worried...

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
I'm not sure that would clear the strut. Might need a small spacer.
If I was going to do a spacer, I'd probably just pick up Tuko's RPF1's at a et38. I'm looking to stay as close to et45 as I can so I can cram some 255/40's in the wheel wells without rolling the rear fenders. I know of a few around here who did 265/40's, but I don't think I need quite that much traction (nor the weight) and they both had rolled rear fenders.

Anyone out there seen it done/have pics/proof of a 9.5" wide wheel with a 45 offset? I know 255's will fit... It's just the inside upper rim clearance I'm wondering about...

·
It's all Gravy, baby!
5,137 Posts
If I was going to do a spacer, I'd probably just pick up Tuko's RPF1's at a et38. I'm looking to stay as close to et45 as I can so I can cram some 255/40's in the wheel wells without rolling the rear fenders. I know of a few around here who did 265/40's, but I don't think I need quite that much traction (nor the weight) and they both had rolled rear fenders.

Anyone out there seen it done/have pics/proof of a 9.5" wide wheel with a 45 offset? I know 255's will fit... It's just the inside upper rim clearance I'm wondering about...
Hmmm... Well, I couldn't find anything on a quick squizz across a few sites, but I did see 20x10.5 +27 on a 6th gen Max and the guy had "plenty" of clearance. Since the difference between that wheel size and what you're looking at is about 5mm, I'm guessing you would be fine.

edit: Eh, on some back of the napkin calculations, if you have more than an inch in on the stock setup to play with, you should be good.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
Hmmm... Well, I couldn't find anything on a quick squizz across a few sites, but I did see 20x10.5 +27 on a 6th gen Max and the guy had "plenty" of clearance. Since the difference between that wheel size and what you're looking at is about 5mm, I'm guessing you would be fine.

edit: Eh, on some back of the napkin calculations, if you have more than an inch in on the stock setup to play with, you should be good.
The 20x10.5 et27 wheel itself looks to be about 31mm or 1.22" further away from the strut. Here's the thing. I know that 255/40 will fit on the OEM SE-R wheels with little to no rubbing on the fender, and it fits on the inside of the wheel just fine. The 9.5" rim is even thinner than a 255 tire, so why wouldn't it fit? I'll have to throw my 8.5" on and take some measurements...

I think it would work.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
I still go to my Nissan dealer - they charge me cheap cheap to swap my own oil and filter. Saw this nice one today - had a moment :(

This car still has great lines to me...

I wish the other ones around me were as nice... The one David drove out here and picked up was in pretty rough shape (Battle Creek, MI) and I've seen two others out my way. One was a K11 Smoke like mine in very rough shape. The other was a A20 Code Red, which looked nice, but I only noticed it from a distance and it was dark.

That one is very nice. Wonder if they're a forum member... We need forum cards to leave on windshield wipers...

·
NOTM - Feb 2010
3,032 Posts
There's quite a few ser owners in Florida that aren't on the forums. I know there's a handful in the Facebook ser group

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have 3 keys for my 2006 Altima and cant tell which one is the valet key I guess I will have to lock the glove box and try to open it with all 3.

8061 - 8080 of 8130 Posts