The Nissan Club banner

8081 - 8100 of 8130 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,466 Posts
Hey BP! Just thinking the other day how quiet the 'old guard' are :) All good here and I'm liking your choice of wheels!

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
Hey BP! Just thinking the other day how quiet the 'old guard' are
All good here and I'm liking your choice of wheels!
Glad you're doing well, Doug! Yeah, I think a lot of the old guard has moved on to other platforms. I'm still lurking and have my profile set to email me when people PM me, so I'm always available. I just don't soak as much time into this arena as the old days.

I miss my Altima some days, but I'm very much loving the Regal. I just picked up my side sill extensions this morning, and I'm excited to get them installed today for cars and coffee tomorrow morning. They were complete DIY and then hydrodipped in a custom carbon fiber pattern to match the front lip (also hydrodipped).

The wheels, by the way, are Camaro Z28 replicas from MRR. 1/2" wider than the factory wheels, 2lbs lighter, and less than 1/2 the price if one is damaged (OEM Regal GS 20's are $800 EACH!!). Can't beat that. The whole package is meant to look very OEM - along the lines of what GM is doing with nearly all of their "performance edition" cars these days.

I've got a matching rear diffuser coming that the hydrodipper is having some difficulty with, but should be on within the next few months. I'll nab pictures once everything is on.

I've done a tune for the engine and trans, removed the factory exhaust and done some custom work (sounds meaner and and saves about 50lbs), changed wheels/tires (saved about 6lbs per corner), debadged the trunk (saved <1lb LOL), and then added the previously mentioned body pieces (added about 6lbs). Otherwise, I'm done. Not going any further into performance, as its plenty quick - especially with the AWD and the tune - and I like 90% of the stock car. She really needs a diet - curb weight for my version was 3940lbs!!! But, I can't necessitate removing any more weight than what I've done already.

I do still miss my Altima, though. Regal has more power, but the Alti was lighter.

·
It's all Gravy, baby!
5,137 Posts
Just checking in to say "hey" and see how everyone is doing. Been a while since I've been on here.

Also, just for giggles - pictures of the Regal GS are in order...
Whoa!!! That looks good!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
Ben, the Regal looks rad man.
Whoa!!! That looks good!
Thanks! It's even a bit nicer with the side sills installed. Can't wait for the rear diffuser, but better that it's done right.

Just ordered two Magnaflow race-series mufflers to get rid of my drone at 3000RPM. Hopefully that brings the volume down a bit, but still keeps the nice exhaust sound.

What's the latest for you gents? Still doing anything to the Altima?

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts
In May I picked up this Sheer Silver SER 6mt. After all these years I finally have a SER LOL.

I bought it with ricer mufflers and painted black lower front bumper section.

Got the mufflers chopped off in a week (keep in mind I did not drive the car as the mufflers made me paranoid lol). Unfortunately I was impatient enough to come across stock mufflers so I just bought Z tips and had a shop weld them on with straight pipes. I wanted it quiet but I am not complaining about the sound since I have the 6spd.

Further along I purchased some KY1 aerosol off Automotive Touch-up and took care of the lower front bumper section. Before this happened though I restored the headlights back to clear using the spar urethane/mineral spirits method. Never aerosol clear coating headlights again.

Check out all the chips I flattened down on initial sand...

After taking care of the exhaust, dull headlights and black paint on the bumper, I gave myself confirmation to throw the coilovers on that I saved from the 2.5.

Few things to take care of. Need new passenger mirror since base has crack. And I've an extra KY1 set of SER side sills as I need to swap out the passenger one (has a chipped piece near rear wheel arch). Had the usual 12 o'clock steering grip wear so I'll replace the steering wheel. Other misc things but nothing much to mention. The car has a bright future anyway.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
In May I picked up this Sheer Silver SER 6mt. After all these years I finally have a SER LOL.
Glad you finally found one. I wish we were closer proximity back when I was selling mine. Also, I ended up throwing away my OEM mufflers from the Altima. I would give you the old SE R mufflers I had for the cost of shipping if I still had them.

Nice job on your changes so far. I echo your disdain over the headlights. Automotive touch up is a permanent bookmark in my browser. Love their products. Used them for many projects on many cars.

Can't wait to see what's in store...

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts
Glad you finally found one. I wish we were closer proximity back when I was selling mine. Also, I ended up throwing away my OEM mufflers from the Altima. I would give you the old SE R mufflers I had for the cost of shipping if I still had them.

Nice job on your changes so far. I echo your disdain over the headlights. Automotive touch up is a permanent bookmark in my browser. Love their products. Used them for many projects on many cars.

Can't wait to see what's in store...
Not only closer but me not living in California lol!

Ah man I would've snagged them just do they didn't get tossed in the bin.

·
Nismo Whore
2,781 Posts
Bought Coco's old tein coils. Had to replace outer tie rods. Driver side out tie rod is seized to the inner tie rod. Have to replace the whole thing. Have to replace driver side lower control arm. Also plan to replace driver side inner cv boot. Just have to find time to get it all done.

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts
What's up @KeVQ35 what's new?

Still gotta finish repairing my passenger side sill.

I installed some A33 aftermarket hood struts but 2 was too strong so I'm "racecar-styling" it with one hood strut only, passenger side (It starts lifting it about 1/3 of the way up).

I have a custom front strut bar to still install, awaiting a clutch relocation bracket from a buddy.

Need to roll my fenders to accommodate future wheel swaps still.

Other than all that (I think?), I'll be done buying stuff for the "daily". And my Corolla project shall continue.

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts

I installed some A33 aftermarket hood struts but 2 was too strong so I'm "racecar-styling" it with one hood strut only, passenger side (It starts lifting it about 1/3 of the way up).

I have a custom front strut bar to still install, awaiting a clutch relocation bracket from a buddy.

Other than all that (I think?), I'll be done buying stuff for the "daily". And my Corolla project shall continue.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts

Well, I am waiting to get my car back. Just had a lower mileage engine from a 2008 Quest installed; its ready. About to become my daily driver again. Miss my car so much. I've been driving the Genesis, but my Altima is my . Been through thick and thin with this car.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,990 Posts
Well, I am waiting to get my car back. Just had a lower mileage engine from a 2008 Quest installed; its ready. About to become my daily driver again. Miss my car so much. I've been driving the Genesis, but my Altima is my . Been through thick and thin with this car.

Nice you still have the Altima! I tried to get mine back on the road as I was still in that "ride til the wheels fall off" mentality with it but I couldn't allow myself to pour more money into it when I don't have a guarantee fix from the dealer. So it's gotta sell as is.

I still have that 2.5 anyway, but it's been sitting and needing rid of it for the driveway space and since I don't need it anymore. Could def use the extra parking space.

·
Still #1 in 2017
5,274 Posts
Haven't posted here in a while. Thought I'd update you guys! I have since sold the Mazdaspeed 3. Before that I picked up a blown motor Mazdaspeed6 that was going to be a full race-build but ended up scrapping the plan due to rust. Also in between I picked up a Mazda B2200 that was slammed. Rolled around in that, thought about doing a 35.0 swap but never panned out. After all that I bought a 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4. Been running the truck game for a little while now and I love it. I've seen some Altima 3.5s rolling around and have been tempted to get back in the Nissan game. I miss my old pewter bomb of a 3.5. That thing was so incredibly quick. A 60-100 time that I think would've given my Mazdaspeed3 a pretty good run. The Speed would've won hands-down, but that Altima would've held on tight.

But now I get to enjoy this beast of a truck. I originally picked it up with the lift and wheels/tires installed. Performance wasn't bad but not at all at my level. Besides a few aesthetic modifications (amp powersteps, bed cover, HIDs, footwell kit, etc.) I've stuck with almost all performance alterations. It has the entire aFe product line; aFe stage 2 intake, aFe catted downpipes, aFe 4" exhaust, aFe 2.5" hot-pipes, aFe 3" charge-pipe, aFe Bladerunner FMIC. It's running an SCT X4 and is currently tuned by JDMEngineering. It's a phenomenal truck. The suspension lift is from FABTECH. I've added FOX 2.0 shocks in the rear. My next project is FOX 2.0 coilovers up front. The front & rear ring and pinion gears have been changed from the factory 3.73 to 4.88. I've also done a few small things like bushings here and there, spacers for the driveline, IWE eliminator kit, etc. Some things in the plans are direct-port methanol, Nitrous Express nitrous kit, Ford Racing GT turbo upgrade and a few more aesthetic things. The truck got a little less daily driver friendly and I had picked up an '08 Civic EX. Sold it after I got married and I started driving the truck more again.

Some pictures of the other cars:

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
So we're not all dead are we? I had a 2008 Nissan Quest motor swapped in. Had the entire suspension redone, new belts, hoses, plugs and reman power steering pump put in. I had all my parts transferred over to the new motor and had a 3 inch y pipe and 3 inch exhaust to 2 2.5 inch AR25s then to 4 inch tips mandrel bent and stainless steel. I raced my co-workers Q50 3.0tt from a roll (non red sport) today and it was even. I'll be adding the 4" intake to the car next week and getting it tuned.

I feel like I'm in my late 20s with this thing again; like it's the early 2000s again.

8081 - 8100 of 8130 Posts
About this Discussion
8.1K Replies
177 Participants
coconutt
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing