The Nissan Club banner

8101 - 8120 of 8131 Posts

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts
Must be a nice feeling when your ride is on par with the nu school rides.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Must be a nice feeling when your ride is on par with the nu school rides.
More luxurious than my car, but probably weighs a ton. At any rate, my 16 year old car has its own share of issues which I'm in the process of resolving. I also need a tune, after getting three 3 inch exhaust done plus the 4 inch intake, plus I haven't logged anything since my daughter was one years old; she's six now LOL.

These cars are fun, unexpected and definitely qualify as sleepers when you bolt on all the available modifications before evening opening up the engine. It's amazing you can gain approximately 75 or more wheel horsepower from just these mods.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
NOTM - Feb 2010
3,032 Posts
Was taking to coco on the fb group and decided to peep in.. sup fellas.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts

·
Altimer
1,220 Posts
Glad you're doing well, Doug! Yeah, I think a lot of the old guard has moved on to other platforms. I'm still lurking and have my profile set to email me when people PM me, so I'm always available. I just don't soak as much time into this arena as the old days.

I miss my Altima some days, but I'm very much loving the Regal. I just picked up my side sill extensions this morning, and I'm excited to get them installed today for cars and coffee tomorrow morning. They were complete DIY and then hydrodipped in a custom carbon fiber pattern to match the front lip (also hydrodipped).

The wheels, by the way, are Camaro Z28 replicas from MRR. 1/2" wider than the factory wheels, 2lbs lighter, and less than 1/2 the price if one is damaged (OEM Regal GS 20's are $800 EACH!!). Can't beat that. The whole package is meant to look very OEM - along the lines of what GM is doing with nearly all of their "performance edition" cars these days.

I've got a matching rear diffuser coming that the hydrodipper is having some difficulty with, but should be on within the next few months. I'll nab pictures once everything is on.

I've done a tune for the engine and trans, removed the factory exhaust and done some custom work (sounds meaner and and saves about 50lbs), changed wheels/tires (saved about 6lbs per corner), debadged the trunk (saved <1lb LOL), and then added the previously mentioned body pieces (added about 6lbs). Otherwise, I'm done. Not going any further into performance, as its plenty quick - especially with the AWD and the tune - and I like 90% of the stock car. She really needs a diet - curb weight for my version was 3940lbs!!! But, I can't necessitate removing any more weight than what I've done already.

I do still miss my Altima, though. Regal has more power, but the Alti was lighter.
Nice update BP. I wish photobucket would reconsider their decisions so I could actually see your pics. How's your job going?

In May I picked up this Sheer Silver SER 6mt. After all these years I finally have a SER LOL.

I bought it with ricer mufflers and painted black lower front bumper section.

Got the mufflers chopped off in a week (keep in mind I did not drive the car as the mufflers made me paranoid lol). Unfortunately I was impatient enough to come across stock mufflers so I just bought Z tips and had a shop weld them on with straight pipes. I wanted it quiet but I am not complaining about the sound since I have the 6spd.
Hey Kev. Been a long time. I'm impressed you still have the car. I think I remember reading a post of yours that said you would keep it forever even if it meant swapping engines at some point. You stuck to your word.

Haven't posted here in a while. Thought I'd update you guys! I have since sold the Mazdaspeed 3. Before that I picked up a blown motor Mazdaspeed6 that was going to be a full race-build but ended up scrapping the plan due to rust. Also in between I picked up a Mazda B2200 that was slammed. Rolled around in that, thought about doing a 35.0 swap but never panned out. After all that I bought a 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4. Been running the truck game for a little while now and I love it. I've seen some Altima 3.5s rolling around and have been tempted to get back in the Nissan game. I miss my old pewter bomb of a 3.5. That thing was so incredibly quick. A 60-100 time that I think would've given my Mazdaspeed3 a pretty good run. The Speed would've won hands-down, but that Altima would've held on tight.

But now I get to enjoy this beast of a truck. I originally picked it up with the lift and wheels/tires installed. Performance wasn't bad but not at all at my level. Besides a few aesthetic modifications (amp powersteps, bed cover, HIDs, footwell kit, etc.) I've stuck with almost all performance alterations. It has the entire aFe product line; aFe stage 2 intake, aFe catted downpipes, aFe 4" exhaust, aFe 2.5" hot-pipes, aFe 3" charge-pipe, aFe Bladerunner FMIC. It's running an SCT X4 and is currently tuned by JDMEngineering. It's a phenomenal truck. The suspension lift is from FABTECH. I've added FOX 2.0 shocks in the rear. My next project is FOX 2.0 coilovers up front. The front & rear ring and pinion gears have been changed from the factory 3.73 to 4.88. I've also done a few small things like bushings here and there, spacers for the driveline, IWE eliminator kit, etc. Some things in the plans are direct-port methanol, Nitrous Express nitrous kit, Ford Racing GT turbo upgrade and a few more aesthetic things. The truck got a little less daily driver friendly and I had picked up an '08 Civic EX. Sold it after I got married and I started driving the truck more again.
Lol, didn't you have a VW 1.8t at some point as well? Truck looks good. Couple guys I know with the ecoboost. Did you have the intercooler issues from the earlier models?

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Nice update BP. I wish photobucket would reconsider their decisions so I could actually see your pics. How's your job going?

Hey Kev. Been a long time. I'm impressed you still have the car. I think I remember reading a post of yours that said you would keep it forever even if it meant swapping engines at some point. You stuck to your word.

Lol, didn't you have a VW 1.8t at some point as well? Truck looks good. Couple guys I know with the ecoboost. Did you have the intercooler issues from the earlier models?
Hey Mike,

Good to see you still peek in here every once in a while. I keep picturing a gold/beige RAV4? Is that what you had in your signature? I'm using Tapatalk, so pardon if it's there and my question should be easily answered; is that your follow up vehicle, or you have something else?

I like 200hp switched to a Genesis (I think he's got a K900 now). I only drive mine on weekends now. I'm definitely looking to get the 2nd generation once I pay this one off in another 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Altimer
1,220 Posts
The follow up car to the Altima was actually an 05 Odyssey, lol. It was what we needed at the time. That is 5 years ago now I think. We still have it and I drive it to work everyday. The Toyota in my sig is a 08 red Highlander we use to tow our travel trailer around with. I drove it for 6 months then my wife and I swapped to keep the km's off it.

http://i.imgur.com/Tuk7q1p.jpg

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
So happy

I have not posted on here for a while. I had a bit of work done in the car, and am finally getting ready to have it dyno tuned. I couldn't be happier with the car; yes it's clearly a tin can that has an extremely nice shape. I think the 3rd generation in its most sportiest form has classic lines.

Hope everything enjoying the new year and I will be keeping my car until I've owned it for 20+ years old; will have owned it for 17 years, November 15th of 2018!

·
Nismo Whore
2,781 Posts
Talk about reliable. What parts have you had to replace the most on the car?
Brake pads mostly, I’ve lost count on how many brake jobs I’ve done. I recently swapped out the rear calipers for 350z one’s. And I still had to replace another set of pads recently. They evenly wear.

I’ve reached 270,000 last night. That reminds me, it’s time for another oil change.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Are you still on the original alternator? You probably changed out your OEM header too (a must for the QR25DE). That's fantastic, you'll probably hit 300,000 miles (if you keep it that long).
I

Brake pads mostly, I’ve lost count on how many brake jobs I’ve done. I recently swapped out the rear calipers for 350z one’s. And I still had to replace another set of pads recently. They evenly wear.

I’ve reached 270,000 last night. That reminds me, it’s time for another oil change.

·
Nismo Whore
2,781 Posts
Are you still on the original alternator? You probably changed out your OEM header too (a must for the QR25DE). That's fantastic, you'll probably hit 300,000 miles (if you keep it that long).
I
I replaced the alternator a while ago. I’ve been using a Nismo header since the beginning. Crossing my fingers I hit more than 300,000. I have to replace the front bearings and driver side inner tie rod.

I have a long list. My heater core has a leak that stop leak won’t fix. Not really looking forward to that. My trans mount is shot. Cheapest I found was $150 + shipping.

I think I need to rebuild my wilwoods.

Tires too, I need new blizzaks and summer tires.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,211 Posts
Blast from the past guys, sorry!

New job is going well, Mike. Travel is a bit less than when I started, and the competencies needed to perform the job well are becoming more second nature.

Just a quick picture of how the Regal looks now. It's been through the ringer. Had a fender bender late last year, resulting in nearly $10k in damages, so I took the opportunity to make it as close to GDM spec Opel as I dared to go.

My detailer snapped this picture after the repairs were done, polishing was redone, and a CQuartz ceramic coat was installed. Sexiest she's ever looked.

This was just a week before going in for polishing.

How the heck is everyone?

·
Super Modder
5,296 Posts
Anyone still here, anyone, bueller, bueller? Damn, it's been a long time, and I STILL HAVE MY 2002 ALTIMA, LMAO!!!!!
Yes Kevin....Although my MINI is my daily driver now, Harmony is still with me. Still in the middle of changing the alternator, from 3 months ago....

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Very nice Bill. LOL, when it isn't your daily driver anymore, it gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list doesn't it? My hood latch stopped working properly and my hood ended up cracking my windshield. Just got it out of the shop; needs a new battery, and a MAF (ordered already). Other than that, it still hauls when everything is working. Cars today are so much heavier than cars of the past, but I guess all the creature comforts make up for it.

Yes Kevin....Although my MINI is my daily driver now, Harmony is still with me. Still in the middle of changing the alternator, from 3 months ago.... View attachment 99684

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,991 Posts
Anyone still here, anyone, bueller, bueller? Damn, it's been a long time, and I STILL HAVE MY 2002 ALTIMA, LMAO!!!!!
Still here man. Enjoying driving this thing hard. It's gonna go on jack stands soon as I make another parts purchase.

Things to do (off the top of the dome):
  • OPL radiator
  • Samco hoses
  • Motor mounts
  • Power steering high pressure hose
  • Remove/reinstall new coilovers
  • Front Wilwood BBK
  • Rear SPL toe arms (already have SPL camber arms)
  • Tie rod ends
  • Change oil
  • Rotate tires
  • Alignment
Feel like I'm forgetting stuff.

Oh yeah I did a thing on the front door panels, and need to finish rear doors...

8101 - 8120 of 8131 Posts