The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm basically looking to fix up my entire car...i'm not talking about like any interior design help...i just wanted to know what i could do to my 99 alti...i'm talking a LOUD system...like 500 watts with an amp...and i don't really know if i can put any multimedia products in it or not...i'm relatively new at this...but i was just wondering what i could do (if anything ) multimedia-wise, and have a really good and loud 500 watt speakers with an amp...if not more...help!

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can do almost anything in any car with car audio/multimedia...it just depends on how wild your imagination is and how deep your pockets are.

Generally though, if you want loud, good sounding, and multimedia then all three will suffer slightly. Doesn't mean they'll suck...just means that you probably can't have the absolute best in all 3 catagories.

If you give us a dollar amount and possibly weight the 3 types of system from most important to least it would be easier to help you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well...dollar amount=as much as i got...which is alot...definetely over 100,000 grand...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the thing is i don't know what are the three best because i don't really know what systems are good out there...seems how before i've been concentrating on engine mods...etc...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Honestly, I'm all about the sound quality setup.

If you just enjoy music, and you want it to sound it's absolute best...then a sound quality setup is what you want.

If you enjoy showing off and being heard from a couple blocks away...then an SPL setup is what you want.

If you want to be watching movies in your car...or you want a more flashy install...then multimedia is what you want.

If you want something in between, that can be done too...just tell us what you're wanting out of the system and we can suggest things. with 100,000 you can pretty much do anything you want...and if you really do have all that money then why would you want to limit yourself to 500 W? Since you said you did engine/body mods...is weight a factor?

·
Registered
245 Posts
if you have 100,000 then trade in the altima and get a better car to do all this on.. I would not be investing all that money on installs in an Altima with that much money in the bank!

·
Registered
288 Posts
damn, I didn't even think about that...yeah of course you should trade in the altima if you have that much cash.

At this point I'm doubting you were telling the truth about your money...because if you had $100,000 liquid you would:

a)not call it 100,000 grand

b)want more than a 500 W system

c)not drive an altima

if you really do have that cash then wow, I respect you for driving a car that is so much cheaper than you could afford. And if you're lying, just don't...nobody here cares about how much money you make or have...and it prevents us from giving you helpful advice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah...the thing is si that i got the money...but i also got three other rides that i'm fixing up (69 dodge charger, civic, and svt f 150)...weight is a factor yes...but i'm preetty much...like you said loooking for something im between i guess...could it be loud also?...anyways....i know what you mean cflemeta...but i'll be getting a mercedes soon also...so i mean yeah...basically i'm doing the same to three other rides...hit me back

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know...i ain't lying though...the thing is is that i heard that if i get more than a 500 watt system then i heard that my car would just be shaking all the time...so i don't know if that's true or not...i don't mean like little shaking...i heard alot of shaking...so i didn't know...is that a myth?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw i have more than just the alti.....lol

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
500 watts ain't shit. I'm pushing 1200 watts between my two subs (600 ea.) With an 833 watt amp. Nice sound. Very loud even with a shitty Sony headunit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Your car will shake with 100 W if you don't have any sound deadening. There's no magical number that a car starts rattling at...you should just alot a certain portion of your budget to sound deadening.

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts
buy some dynomat or brown bread and cover your whole trunk in it, then rip out the carpet, and cover the floor with a 3/4 " sheet of mdf, then build a box for whatever subs you need, I have 2 10" Rockford fosgate HX2's powered by a kenwood 1000W amp,

The HX2's can handle 500 RMS each, i only have 420 running to both of them, and the steering wheel shakes when it hits certain beats. If you want it to sound good, and not shake the hell out of your car, turn the gain down on the amp, thats all i do..

Ultimately ive heard that the shiva subs are good, but i love my RF Hx2's they hit nice, and there small.

make sure you sound deaden your trunk first, thats one mistake i made.. lol

peace

trunk with mdf on floor

trunk finished.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
take some money and get some speaking/typing lessons......

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
i'm pushing about 1200 watts rms and with sound deadening all over the trunk it still rattles, but when i was pushing 250 rms it was also rattling until i put the sound deadening on. it's just a matter of your set up. and personally i would go with a nice sound quality sub that can get loud. my subs are built for sq but hit extremely nicely.

·
Registered
214 Posts
you guys still have not helped him.

get a good Alpine Head Unit
Get a Brama subwoofer
get a nice powerful amp.
get dynomat.

go to Ikesound.com..they have lots of car stuff

·
Registered
288 Posts
kingalty said:
you guys still have not helped him.

get a good Alpine Head Unit
Get a Brama subwoofer
get a nice powerful amp.
get dynomat.

go to Ikesound.com..they have lots of car stuff
He has still not helped us...He's given us no direction that he wants to take his system in. And as for your advice...it's the most worthless advice I've ever heard. All your 'system' will do is get really loud and not rattle too much...and he'll be able to do time correction.

All the equipment you listed is good...but it has no purpose and no direction besides adding a nice h/u and a sub that will TOTALLY overpower his speakers.

Also, ikesound is good...but there are plenty other places...and if he really does have $100,000 then he can buy all his stuff authorized...it would be better that way...because he obviously doesn't know much about mobile electronics and he sure as heck can't install anything significant by himself...so he might as well get the support/install from a GOOD shop (GOOD is important because alot of places suck).

Again, I'll ask what do you want to do with your system?

A) listen to music that sounds excellent
B) listen to music that can be heard 2 blocks away
C) watch movies
D) any combination of A, B, and C

And how much money do you want to put into it....sure you have $100,000 but I'm sure you don't want to spend it all. If you'll spend whatever you have to that's excellent...but a ballpark estimate of what you WANT to spend would be nice.

Oh, and it's dynAmat...like dynAmics, not dynOmite

·
Registered
214 Posts
atleast I tried. Never said im a car guy. the problem is, soome will come on here and ask for advice, yall then turn the post into something totally different. he says he has over 100 thousand to work with, suggest something to him and stop focus on him buying some other car. he wants to know a good system which might puch over 500w, or so. tell him what the best sub is. then tell him what amp he could use to run it, then tell him what multimedia products are good ENOUGH.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
ok if you have all this money do this:

get a very high end in dash screen, like the new kenwood touch screen...

get 2 JL audio 13w7 subs
get 2 JL audio 1000.1 amps

and get a shop in your area very good with custom installs to do a full fiber glass install. get screens eveywhere. for door speakers i would look at focal, they are very high end shit... hell they got a set of tweeters that cost $999.99, of coarse thats at full price.

but there a direction to set you in that will be amazingly loud and sound very ****ing nice

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i guess i would say [D]...so i can get the best of all three....i am willing to spend as much money as necessary to make this car a sweet ride....kudos to kingalty...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts