The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried doing many searches in many search engines, and at tirerack.com and other rim sites but i came up with nothing.

i want the rims that the green car by stillen has.

are these exclsuive rims that im SOL and cant get them or is there a backdoor i can slip thru to find em?

can anyone help? :confused: :angel1:

oh and i'd like the whole package to with tires.....would i have to contact the people who wrote the article to find the info out?

thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Those rims are by a company called Forte.
They are 18 x 8" with a +35et.
I was thinking about getting them myself
until I found out they were 26 lbs. a piece.
A little too heavy for my tastes...

My 18 x 8" ADR Kasai's are only 22 lbs.
a piece.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
rodman9866 said:
hmmmm 26 lbs each huh.......

how much are the stock 3.5 SE rims?

i drive maybe like 75-80 miles a day....u think tis will mess with my fuel effieciency? id still like to get em....i fell in love with the 5 spokes going into the v shape at the end.
Stock SE rims are apprx 22lbs.

Yeah, I like the Forte rims too, however from
a performance standpoint, those extra pounds
increase unsprung weight, which increases
1/4 mile times, etc...

I prefer decreases as oppsed to increases... :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im gonna put in a call to stillen after work, just in a few minutes, to see if they can help me out with pricing, where to find them, and more importantly if i can get them at all cuz I also tried calling my cousinto help me track these babies down and nothing! wish me luck and ill let ya know how it turned out! thanks for all the input guys! feel free to add anything else if necessary.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
rodman9866 said:
well im gonna put in a call to stillen after work, just in a few minutes, to see if they can help me out with pricing, where to find them, and more importantly if i can get them at all cuz I also tried calling my cousinto help me track these babies down and nothing! wish me luck and ill let ya know how it turned out! thanks for all the input guys! feel free to add anything else if necessary.
'Yes' I would get them if I wasn't concerned about
performance, gas mileage, etc...
For a "lipped" rim, they are very nice!

$tillen should be able to hook you up...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i called Stillen up and the have those rims in stock and the guy on the phone said he can hook me up and give the the set of rims for $795. Now for aluminum rims is that too much? he sounded like he was giving me a deal but im not gonna buy from the first pitch i hear. im guessing to get tires it wil be about $125-150 each tire. so whadddya think experts?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
rodman9866 said:
Ok i called Stillen up and the have those rims in stock and the guy on the phone said he can hook me up and give the the set of rims for $795. Now for aluminum rims is that too much? he sounded like he was giving me a deal but im not gonna buy from the first pitch i hear. im guessing to get tires it wil be about $125-150 each tire. so whadddya think experts?
$200 per rim for those?
Seems too much to me...

And, for the tires...I just happen
to have a set of practically brand new
Continental Sport Contacts sitting in
my spare bed room in an 225/45/18ZR
with 8-9/32nds of tread left that I could sell
you for $425 + shipping...let me know...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SE-Rious said:
$200 per rim for those?
Seems too much to me...

And, for the tires...I just happen
to have a set of practically brand new
Continental Sport Contacts sitting in
my spare bed room in an 225/45/18ZR
with 8-9/32nds of tread left that I could sell
you for $425 + shipping...let me know...
thanks man,
yeah that customer service guy was really young and i figured he was trying to bullshit me. at the time i was talking to him i just figured it was maybe the owner's son or something so he prolly knew his shizzit cuz he grew up learning this stuff. i'll try and bargain him down....the only thing im afraid is that since this place seems the only place i can find these rims the price wont budge. i'll keep everyone posted on my luck.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
rodman9866 said:
thanks man,
yeah that customer service guy was really young and i figured he was trying to bullshit me. at the time i was talking to him i just figured it was maybe the owner's son or something so he prolly knew his shizzit cuz he grew up learning this stuff. i'll try and bargain him down....the only thing im afraid is that since this place seems the only place i can find these rims the price wont budge. i'll keep everyone posted on my luck.
So, what about my offer?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok here is the latest update......

i finally got in touch with a pretty knowledgable guy at my local Town Fair Tower and he said he could get these rims i want for $699 per set as opposed to $795 that I could get them for.

The 235/40/18 tires are gonna hurt me no matter what. the cheapest tires he could find me for in this size are $129 which is better than anything i found.

Bottom line with tax, labor, mounting, aligning and all the other crap the amount would come to $1367. As a bonus since i bought everything from them i could get the stock ones switched back on whenever i want free of charge (alignment included too....dunno if that is standard but i haggled him to gimme that and he caved in). So is this good or what? i think this is a pretty good deal and i should take it but i said id keep in touch with him just in case. i was ready to pay up to $1500 so im sold but i wanna be greddy and see if i can save more. so waddddya think homies?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
rodman9866 said:
sweeeeeeet

i asked about the tires u suggested but he said that the 235/40 will ensure no probs......if he's lying i'll give you a ring
Oh, yeah...the 235/40/18's will work just fine for you.
I've got a buddy who's rolling with Kumho 235/40/18's
on his 3.5. Pretty low profile, so just watch the pot
holes...!

·
est. 1973
2,884 Posts
I was talking to stillen today and they quoted me like 2400 buks for those 18" forte rims w/ Nitto 555. 450 a rim. and they quoted you 795??????
SE-Rious which finish of rims did you get? I have ADR too and the clearcoat on the rim is coming off on the lip and they are pitted. Sounds as if I will be getting new ones. Have youi had any problems?

·
driven
1,110 Posts
does anyone have a link to pictures of the 'green altima' so I can see these rims...i've check the stillen web site and there doesn't seem to be any good pics. i'll continue to search for a pic here on atlimas.net.

thanks for any help...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Buddy02 said:
SE-Rious which finish of rims did you get?
I have the silver with clear coat.
Yeah, you're not alone, Buddy.
I've heard stories about ADR's
finishes chipping and pealing off.

So far so good here....had them
since September.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts