The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Motivated
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I ordered some stuff from ebay as some may know. Here is the pics of the installation and a summary of how it went.

Before -
No muffler!

During -
Fart can is on!

The fitment of the hangers and bends are perfect.

Headers -
Ewww....

·
Motivated
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side by side -

Cleaning and putting headers on-

Hired some cheap worker to help as well lol

Had to cut the studs off of the cat-

Then reamed the holes out to make them match (a good idea is taking the stock headers and making a template on cardboard so you know which ones to move u/d/l/r....

[/IMG]

Quick size comparison -

[/IMG]

·
Motivated
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We actually didnt have to take the alternator off the whole way or move the radiator hose, nothing. We worked around all of those.

Here is the problem with the o2 sensor-

We didnt get a new one yet, was to lazy. However if you buy these headers, you will need to.

We have a couple Nissans -

Better access to the bottom alternator bolts from under. As well as bolting up the flex section.

·
Winner March 2010 NOTM
6,670 Posts
damn, this is a fun build to watch! makes me wish i had some car i could just put in a garage and wrench on whenever i felt like it :)

·
///M Time!
3,872 Posts
Why did you keep the stock cat? $65 gets you a Magnaflow cat on ebay....

·
Motivated
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Why did you keep the stock cat? $65 gets you a Magnaflow cat on ebay....
i think he got that exhaust for like $65, hence no need for mag cat lol
pretty much, wasnt trying to spend more money then needed....i have my toy car which i dont put budget parts into.... this is my wifes car..and i just needed to get something on there, as it was ****ed before....ebay performance was a cheaper option then OEM parts....click the thread below to see what the car was before i got my hands on it....

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/automotive-parts-marketplace/294059-wtb-many-parts-94-altima-please-look.html

·
Selena
1,906 Posts
Duddeee awesome work done. Get a fly by. Hope u enjoy the write up etc and help I supplied for u n tht it made your work much easier B!!!!! Looks good thus far man. Let me kno bout the struts. I keep forgetting too get pics. But hope it sounds niceeB!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
gain much hp with new xhaust?

is that a straight thru muff?

how loud is it with that high revving cam?

someone xplain the need for a resonator...

·
Selena
1,906 Posts
this is around 10-12 whp gain roughly? you feel alot better throttle repsonse..

a resonator just quite downs the exhaust tone @ higher RPMs.. this is about average loudness for having a full exhaust system in my guessing

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Every part of that install wasn't too bad except for the header. Drilling holes ain't too bad, unless it's drilling 8 of them. I recommend every part of this exhaust except the header.

·
Selena
1,906 Posts
well it wasnt just drilling all 8 stud holes... it was doing the o2 bungs as well lol... but i would say.. someone has the tools but is on a budget.. i would recommend this.. only bcuz after this problems are fixed the header works perfectly and it goes on n off easily... just basicallly my stand point of the cheap-bays. lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts