The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
memphis st-1000d. 1100 rms power at 1 ohm :) around 90 percent effiecient. i can not wait to get this amplfier!

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
its a nice amp, but i dunno man, wheres the deal at :p

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol for a person that has to pay retail i can't complain, the lowest price they've ever had on it is around 549.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
LMFAO, i dunno man, i'd go with a different amp for that much

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
LMFAO, i dunno man, i'd go with a different amp for that much
fo shure, but memphis does make some nice shit. from what i hear there amps are underrated

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like what so? a jbl? lol they are a pos compared to memphis, you also gotta remember this is their top of the line amp for the most part, aside from mojo (2400x1 rms) or memphis belle(combination of AB and D)

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, and the fact that i get a 3 year free replacement warranty on it if anything goes wrong with it isn't too bad either

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
LoudNissan said:
like what so? a jbl? lol they are a pos compared to memphis, you also gotta remember this is their top of the line amp for the most part, aside from mojo (2400x1 rms) or memphis belle(combination of AB and D)
well the JBL is a LOT more powerful (to the tune of 300 or so watts), but yeah it is not stackable and has a poor crossover slope and no remote gain, but that doesn't make it a POS, just bare bones. $550 is a LOT more than i would pay for an amp that consistently does the rated 1100 watts, and in a few reviews under.IMO the Ampman Revolution and the Avionixx 1200.2 are much better amps than the Memphis, the Avionixx can be had authorized for that same $550 and the Revolution a WHOLE lot less.... oh well as long as you are happy with what you got.

·
Registered
71 Posts
MEMPHIS amps ARE BAD @$$. I've doing this for a long time, and I haven't seen any amps so underrated. I've done several cars with 1 1000d and 4 hx2 12", and the amp beat the living stuff out of the woofers. My opinion. Thanks for listening.

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey rthompson sorry for cracking on jbl, personally i do like the amps. but for my setup i would not personally run one of theirs. i've actually looked into them in past setups but never got my hands on one. i need something efficient and 1 ohm capable while still staying pretty efficient.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
LoudNissan said:
hey rthompson sorry for cracking on jbl, personally i do like the amps. but for my setup i would not personally run one of theirs. i've actually looked into them in past setups but never got my hands on one. i need something efficient and 1 ohm capable while still staying pretty efficient.
I realize the limitations on the JBL as well as anyone... for 1 ohm operation well they can do it, but lets just say that i would probably explore other options first, they do seem to lose a LOT of efficiency at 1 compared to 2 ohm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts