The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys seen it? It's a freakin' piece of work, man. An LCD monitor 2.2" thick, with the computer built into it. So all you get...is...the...monitor...with a slot for CD's on its side. If you take off the stand, you can wall-mount it! Very exciting stuff. I'd get one myself, if there was enough support for it. VirtualPC just isn't the same as the real deal. As amazing as it is, however, it is still a small package. They can fit a DVD-RW superdrive, they can fit 2GB 400Mhz RAM, they can fit a 1.8Ghz G5 CPU, but they can only fit a GeForceFX 5200 with 64MB. A Doom3 killer it is not.

http://www.apple.com/imac/

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
It does look cool but I don't liek the all in one design of it. Can't upgrade shit. If you think that size is amazing, look up computers that are made for your car.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
They are work of art, but they are also a dead-end. Good for grandma I guess.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What, you think they're gonna stop with this model? You have to give this to Apple, they are masters of innovation, always coming up with new shit. Yes, the all-in-one design does prohibit customization, but when you think about it Macs are not really made for it anyway. That 1.8Ghz G5 operates at about 3.4Ghz for a P4, and it can go as high as 2.5Ghz Mac-wise. The front side bus is 1.25Ghz, people. You can up the RAM to 2x1GB. My only gripe is that you can't change the vidcard, but that really is irrelevant. If you are looking for a graphics workstation, you'll get a PowerMac; if you want a gaming platform, then ferchrissake get a desktop PC!

·
4,020 Posts
But in all honesty high end PCs do just as good graphics as Macs do, and the nice thing about the PC is A it will cost less or just as much as the Mac, and it will be hell of a lot more upgradeable, have more software support and all in all will be compatible with 90% of computers in existance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
JLewisinSyr said:
But in all honesty high end PCs do just as good graphics as Macs do, and the nice thing about the PC is A it will cost less or just as much as the Mac, and it will be hell of a lot more upgradeable, have more software support and all in all will be compatible with 90% of computers in existance.

graphics for PC vs mac are iffy, its more on personal preference. video though, that's a different story. final cut, dvd studio, motion; hell even imovie and garageband make it easier for beginners to learn and start producing work.

imacs dont need upgrades. firewire and usb handle all of that.

screw price. i have an old power G4 450mhz that does everything i need to do xcept for games. 5 yr old computer with the only upgrade being a hard drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts