The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Highest Grade
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night one pulled up next to me and decided to rev, so me bieng me, i decided to race the bitch on kendall drive. there was 2 people in his car, mine had 3... i guess they shoulda put more power into them MP3s :D

still looked real tight even tho i expected more speed.

·
Bboy Style
1,714 Posts
I hate the MP3 simply for the fact that it looks like a knock-off of the Sentra SE-R (eventhough it was released b4 the SE-R)!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think they look really kewl, but regardless of looks, it's still a Mazda. They didn't even beef up the engine at all, so it's still as slow as any other Protege

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
DjShiznit said:
I think they look really kewl, but regardless of looks, it's still a Mazda. They didn't even beef up the engine at all, so it's still as slow as any other Protege
oh ok... :rolleyes:

the MP3 is geared at a sporty crowd.. HOWEVER, they didn't upgrade the engine over the base ES much. Its more show than go as its the first car to include an MP3 player..

However, there will be more mods coming out for it shortly, or if you wish, you can get a Jap turbo engine with 170HP for about $1500. Someone on ProtegeTech was doing it... that car was looking sweet...

However, the Protege regularly is at the top of all small car reviews flipflopping with the Sentra.. While the Sentra SE will beat the Protege ES, I find the Sentra GXE equal if not slighlty slower than the Protege ES. However, the Protege has 100% more room inside and comfort than the Sentra...

That's why we bought the protege.. NO ONE would fit in the back seat of the Sentra...

·
The Highest Grade
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah one of my friends just got a protege. its not bad. not the quickest thing made, but its ok. he has been modding it for looks to hopefully get it in a show.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
They never make mention of this, but with the way Ford and Mazda share engines, drivetrains, etc. I have to believe that the MP3 engine is the same 2.0 Zetec found in the Focus ZX3/ZTS.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Creature said:
They never make mention of this, but with the way Ford and Mazda share engines, drivetrains, etc. I have to believe that the MP3 engine is the same 2.0 Zetec found in the Focus ZX3/ZTS.
no.. its based on the current 2.0L Mazda engine... It IS NOT the same Focus one. another Protege board I was on, when the prerelease info was leaking out, members were pissed as hell thinking the new Protege 2.0L would be the Focus'. Turns out they are different.. Completely Mazda designed and built..

However, I believe the 2004-2005 Protege and Focus will merge and be based on the same platform.. So get your Mazdas now before they turn into crap by Ford.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts