The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may already know, the novel coronavirus outbreak began in Wuhan, China back in December and has since spread worldwide. The virus has led to thousands of deaths worldwide, most in China's Huebi Province. Travel restrictions have been imposed worldwide, airlines have suspended or reduced flights to China, and cruise lines have rerouted itineraries away from Asia. The Diamond Princess cruise ship was placed under quarantine for 2 weeks in Yokohama, Japan and is the largest outbreak outside of China to date. A very huge event going on right now.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It will likely crash some economies what with all the countries now shutting down all manufacturing to stop the spread of it. US stock market has now dropped like a rock for last two days.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,424 Posts
Cat's out of the bag people...

It is no longer a question of if, but when, it comes knocking in your hood. My guess is WHO capitulates and finally calls it a pandemic within the week. Things are going to get messy.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm worried about meds, I use generics for heart and they said today what I feared, there will likely be interruptions in US generic drug supplies. Most of the makers are Chinese and the factories are closed.

The stock market can go to h-ll for all I care, been looking for a buying opportunity anyway. I cleaned house after 9/11 tanked stocks. Again in '08.

The flipside is that my health condition lends toward being one of those that does not survive it. I can only laugh.

·
6,424 Posts
If you want to see how stupid things have got already...try to buy an N95 respirator online.

·
6,424 Posts
Ridonculous...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A doctor in Wuhan who tried to earn about the spread to the local Wigan municipal government has died a few weeks ago. The Wigan local government ignored his warnings and this led to the central Chinese government to take action, but it was too late by then.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
And yet our mighty leader here has already hit critical mass in how much he can accept. He appoints Pence to do all the work and will take 100% credit for it if it works and put Nikki Haley as VP if Pence flubs it. Meanwhile he then goes back to rallies and other self-adoration. What a con.

·
6,424 Posts
Cat's out of the bag people...

It is no longer a question of if, but when, it comes knocking in your hood. My guess is WHO capitulates and finally calls it a pandemic within the week. Things are going to get messy.
Not that I'm happy about it, nor did I nail the timeframe, but, who's your Daddy?!

·
6,424 Posts
Update, first COVID-19 just landed in my 'hood today. If I stop posting like 5 times a day, you'll know for sure it got me...

·
Registered
222 Posts
The problem is not getting sick, most people are not in dangerous, it is a bit more than a regular flu.
The main issue is that everything collapses, imagine you have an injury (car accident, at job, doing sports, etc) you could die in there or get really bad because every hospital will be already at full capacity with people in line, waiting for someone to get cured or die to take the next vacant spot at the hospital

·
Registered
222 Posts
And yet our mighty leader here has already hit critical mass in how much he can accept. He appoints Pence to do all the work and will take 100% credit for it if it works and put Nikki Haley as VP if Pence flubs it. Meanwhile he then goes back to rallies and other self-adoration. What a con.
Oh no, amg49 you may be really sad because our beloved president has corona virus too!
What is he going to say about this? "If I get corona virus ti will be tremendous, spectacular, the best! Let's make viruses great again!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/fhhyot

·
6,424 Posts
What is it with toilet paper?!?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thinking how the virus is like a cold, you'd think there would be a run on Kleenex too though. ???????

·
Registered
222 Posts
What is it with toilet paper?!?
It's weird but it also happens in other countries. I think that some people gets an "advice" on what to buy and everyone rushes to buy the same that the other one did.
Anyways, it is a very selfish way of acting, you can buy all the alcohol, paper, food, etc. But if the rest can not get basic stuff and gets sick because of that, it will affect you anyways.
At my local Walmart yesterday there was no meat and milk at all, nothing; I can understand that meat can be frozen, but milk? Probably most of it will expire

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tourist attractions, restaurants, theaters, entertainment venues, schools, and other places across Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and North America have been shut down and the epicenter is now North America, Europe, and the Middle East.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tourist attractions, restaurants, theaters, entertainment venues, schools, and other places across Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and North America have been shut down and the epicenter is now North America, Europe, and the Middle East.
*It also arrived to the rest of America, Africa and Australia. No one is safe.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I heard that is because Putin has a clamp on the numbers, they are actually beginning to lose the battle there too. Putin is still insisting the national vote to confirm him as Permaprez next month is on as scheduled.

The Trump loose incoherent ramble today was one for the books. You gotta wonder what is going on in that defective brain sometime.

Dallas shut down everything yesterday, Fort Worth will likely tomorrow. Got all my meds for a while and being we are on SSI unless that stops everything is OK on the money front. My son is at one of the essential jobs so likely will have work, they can't lay off any more people or they shut down the shop. I feel for all the others (2 million+ now) out of work. And now with no medical insurance unless you get COBRA extension at 10X $$$$$$$$.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts