The Nissan Club banner

53961 - 53980 of 54017 Posts

·
It's all Gravy, baby!
5,137 Posts
Hmmm...after reading the Car and Driver reviews...I'm leaning towards the Accord too....but both are still a bit slower than my 3.5SE 6MT with only the turbo'd Accord 2.0t w/10spd auto just matching its 10yr oid naturally aspirated VQ manual numbers (0-60 and 1/4mi) of 5.7 and 14.2 respectively.
Yep, you're right. Shame that they're still just on par with cars from that long ago. I will say that mine became a whole different animal after the tune though. $380 well spent.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,753 Posts
Yep, you're right. Shame that they're still just on par with cars from that long ago. I will say that mine became a whole different animal after the tune though. $380 well spent.

So I heard, the 2.0t is basically the 300HP monster from the Civic R, with a smaller turbo (less lag, broader torque curve) and lower flow injectors. Did you touch any of that, or was it a straight up sotware tweak on stock hardware....sounding more an more intersting! Spill.

·
It's all Gravy, baby!
5,137 Posts
So I heard, the 2.0t is basically the 300HP monster from the Civic R, with a smaller turbo (less lag, broader torque curve) and lower flow injectors. Did you touch any of that, or was it a straight up sotware tweak on stock hardware....sounding more an more intersting! Spill.
Yep, they're pretty much the same engine. A few people I've already swapped turbos and the change is dramatic. I haven't done any of that yet. The tune was my first step, and I just did that about a week ago. I'm probably going to go ahead and get the eibach springs and rear sway bar, but after that it's downpipe, Turbo, intake, and a custom map.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sweet :) Yeah I had read that about the Honda as well, thought about it for a minute but this is the wife's car and if I could get her interested in a Camry than I was all in. I loved her Altima and it took this refresh for either the Toyota, or Honda to catch up imho. But I have 304k on my Camry now and didn't feel the Altima would come close so it was time to trade it in while it was still worth something. She has received more compliments on this Camry XSE than any she has ever had. Hopefully it will go 300k as well.

·
NOTM - Feb 2010
3,032 Posts
Congrats on the camry Heart! I really like how the new ones look. Wouldn't mind a white with red interior myself.

·
5,753 Posts
Yep, they're pretty much the same engine. A few people I've already swapped turbos and the change is dramatic. I haven't done any of that yet. The tune was my first step, and I just did that about a week ago. I'm probably going to go ahead and get the eibach springs and rear sway bar, but after that it's downpipe, Turbo, intake, and a custom map.

Been reading more on the Honda...sounds like the HLSD from the Civic R may be able to be retrofitted....that would be my first mod if it works...often regretted not doing that to the Altima (ie Sentra SER HLSD into Altima 6MT housing, or a straight up swap of the whole gearbox). My first car was a Honda...and no one ever forgets their first right?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Life goes on, work, work, play and work some more. You know work like crazy to support the lazy :)

Just got done fixing a leak in a sprinkler line at the rental and putting up some Blink XT security cameras here at the house. So far so good, interested to see how they do at night and if the sensitivity of the lights motion sensors sync up well with the sensitivity of the cameras.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Life goes on, work, work, play and work some more. You know work like crazy to support the lazy :)

Just got done fixing a leak in a sprinkler line at the rental and putting up some Blink XT security cameras here at the house. So far so good, interested to see how they do at night and if the sensitivity of the lights motion sensors sync up well with the sensitivity of the cameras.

·
Altimer
1,220 Posts
Very nice! I was just looking at those. Wound up going with the Accord though. 2.0t 6MT
You'll have to forgive me for saying this but the Camry is a much better looking vehicle. I find the belt line on the Accord and the rear GT/wagon-ish rear quarter a little odd. Might just take some time to get used to the look.

She has received more compliments on this Camry XSE than any she has ever had.
It is a great looking car.

**rubs eyes from deep slumber**

'sup fellas??!?
What's up Riz?

·
Shaving My Shoulders
3,534 Posts

'sup fellas??!?
What's up Riz?
Hey Mike, all. Long time, been a crazy year. Hope you all are doing well.

Lost my step dad back in August. Was rough, knowing him since I was 5 (41 years). He was old (85), and on the decline for a few years now, and as they say in a better place, but still man. Losing one of the world's most successful and renown cardiologists to heart disease was definitely a kicker though.

Having 2 dads always rocked - I'd never go back and do it differently - but losing a parent changes you forever. Priority is mom. I'm the only sib here so that's tough too but we're making it work.

Sorry for the downer, and I do not mind speaking about it all - I also felt I should let ALL my friends know.

Other than that, all well. Work busy as hell, turned 100K on the G a few weeks back and it's running great. Nice to hear from you Mike!

·
Altimer
1,220 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. It doesn't matter how young or old it's always a shock to the system. I lost my mom in 2004 and I still think about it every day. Our family is closer because of it and for that I'm very thankful. Wish you all the best over the holidays and next year with your family.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ha, interesting idea of the topic. Okay, then I want to leave you a link to an interesting machine that is produced in India, it is called Tata Nexon. Recently came across this article, and was extremely surprised that in this country produce such machines. I do not know how to operate, but they look very decent.

·
It's all Gravy, baby!
5,137 Posts
Been reading more on the Honda...sounds like the HLSD from the Civic R may be able to be retrofitted....that would be my first mod if it works...often regretted not doing that to the Altima (ie Sentra SER HLSD into Altima 6MT housing, or a straight up swap of the whole gearbox). My first car was a Honda...and no one ever forgets their first right?
LOL! I know exactly what you mean. My first car to actually modify was my first SER and I've had 5 3rd gens since. I just keep going back. As you can see in the sig, the Honda is gone already. It was nice, but it wasn't me. I had to come back home to Nissan/Infiniti

'sup fellas??!?
Hey Riza, sorry to hear about your stepdad, man. How have you been?

You'll have to forgive me for saying this but the Camry is a much better looking vehicle. I find the belt line on the Accord and the rear GT/wagon-ish rear quarter a little odd. Might just take some time to get used to the look.

It is a great looking car.

What's up Riz?
I was on the fence about the Camry vs Accord. They each have their strong points but the manual transmission and the interior kind of forced my hand. LOL!

That said, it has been traded. Very nice car, but I'm not a Honda owner, I don't think. LOL!

·
5,753 Posts
^^Hey, more details on your decision to bail on the Accord needed! Help a brother save a $40K 'mistake' ;)

·
It's all Gravy, baby!
5,137 Posts
^^Hey, more details on your decision to bail on the Accord needed! Help a brother save a $40K 'mistake' ;)
Part of it was being a new dad with an....."active" 10-month old in the back while shifting gears in traffic. Just off the top of my head...

Pros:
• Power - It's quick. There's no 2 ways about it. I think the spec sheets say something like 5.5s for the 10AT and 6.2s for the 6MT
• Gas mileage. 28+ ALL DAY LONG if you're judicious about your throttle input. I saw 39mpg on the freeway after the tune
• Honda Sensing - LDW and adaptive cruise work really well (allows you to clutch-in and shift with cruise control activated!) and the
• Android Auto/Carplay work flawlessly and completely negate the need for the optional navigation system. The Touring also has Qi charging for phones
• Interior - TON of space. I'm 6'3" and I could comfortably sit behind the driver's seat set to my seating position. The trunk was big enough for 2 of my daughter's enormous strollers and everything else.
• Exterior - I like the LED headlights and fogs and the auto high-beams are great. The car itself is not the prettiest thing, but it grew on me.

Cons:

• There are a few rattles behind the dash and in the doors that I didn't like, but I assume it's all a part of the effort to make the new cars lighter (It was <3300lbs) while making them bigger.
• Ride - it's.....sporty. Honda makes one of the more athletic mainstream family cars and it shows. I liked it, but I've heard some complaints. Oddly enough, the Eibachs made the ride better.
• Sound - uninspired and the BOV is wheezy. LOL! Minor but you'll notice. The stock sound system isn't very good either. Sounds....cheap.
• Price - it's reasonable and all, but I didn't feel like I was getting what I paid for. That's why I traded for a 6-yo Infiniti, negative equity and all, and cut my payment in half.

·
5,753 Posts
Ok, nothing I can't live with and I'm well past having 1yr olds in the backseat, and in fact may have the advantage of discouraging the teenagers from wanting to drive it, and there's nothing to be done about gear rowing in traffic. Audio I can upgrade in time, and I love the idea of the tune and mucking about with bolt ons which I'm assuming will appear... As soon as I am convinced that an LSD can be installed, then I'll lug a suitcase of cash over to the nearest dealer and pay sticker....if not, a bigger suitcase will find it's way to something German I guess. (Honda/Stillen/Quaife are you listening?)

53961 - 53980 of 54017 Posts