The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving down the parkway on Sunday at around 11:40am and I'm cruising down the middle lane. The Tool lane (right lane) has this trail of cars going butt slow. This douche bag in a Trans Am decides he wants to speed, so he whips his piece over, hits me in my front tire. We start to spin out but my boy was pulling along side me and I crash/skid against his passenger side. We all begin to pull over and as we do I take down the dudes plates (VA NOTREDME) But we are right beside an exit and the donkey slammed the gas and left.

We called the police at around 11:46am. They finally showed at like 1:20 or so. :mad: We tell them what happened. He asked me if I saw the dude come over. I told him yeah I saw him come over and I tried to swerve but he still hit me. The only thing that you can see on our passenger side is scuffs on the wheel and hub cap. The police told me that there was nothing they could do with the guys plates. I told him he had to be kidding and he in turn told me that the right side of my car looked money, and I quote: "How do I know that he only hit you in the tire? Wouldn't he have done more than that? By the way....How do you like the Scion?" :mad: I told him: "I liked it a lot more when it wasn't banged on the drivers side, needed a front end alignment and had all the hub caps." He told me he did all he could do and technically he could give me a ticket for an illegal lane change. :rolleyes:

My boys parents don't want to report the accident to the insurance company. But after estimates, to get both cars fixed it would be $4 - 5,000. That means my anniversary suprise is cooked and hopes of replacing the totalled 240 gets flushed down the toilet. So we reported it and our out of the pocket went from $4,500 to $100.

I talked to Deranged the other day and he advised me to go to the police station and talk to a supervisor. In a nut shell they told me this:
http://images.lamer.net/violin.gif
"What the officer ruled stands....blah, blah, nada we can do, blah, blah."

After I filed my claim with State Farm they told me that they would take care of NOTREDME so his arse didn't really escape the fury.

That was my Sunday & Monday. Great Huh!? :bigok:

·
what the deuce?!
170 Posts
wow sorry to hear that. first off the dudes a douche for taking off in the first place, but the cop sounds like a bigger douche. at least the insurance will bite him in the ass at some point.

i guess the cop didnt report it since it didnt look like enough damage :dunno:

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
So "hit and run" is no longer an offense?

That suxors bigtime, especially if you had uber plans for the Mrs.

Time for some investigative reporting on that license plate.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
that's bullshit that he treated you that way, and even more bullshit that the supervisor didn't seem to care ... you called the police, you were the victim, and he blew you off and even threatened you with a ticket? That's some serious BS. On the back of Virginia summons papers (tickets) there is a number to call if you want to comment on the conduct of the officer who stopped you. It is a number in the courts building. Maybe you should look for something like that in whichever county where you were.

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thajones said:

That suxors bigtime, especially if you had uber plans for the Mrs.

Time for some investigative reporting on that license plate.
Me and my wife still have plans. It was my boys parents that didn't want to report it but I told them I was reporting it anyway. They said they were just trying to help us out by not telling the insurance. But I informed them that I didn't just have 5G's to just up and spend. They don't want to report it because my boy is a crap driver and keeps getting into fender benders. Their rates keep climbing. They expect us to just up and give them all our cash in savings....I don't think so. They also hinted at a payment plan. :rolleyes: There's no chance I'm doing that either.

+

>

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Creature said:
that's bullshit that he treated you that way, and even more bullshit that the supervisor didn't seem to care ... you called the police, you were the victim, and he blew you off and even threatened you with a ticket? That's some serious BS. On the back of Virginia summons papers (tickets) there is a number to call if you want to comment on the conduct of the officer who stopped you. It is a number in the courts building. Maybe you should look for something like that in whichever county where you were.
Thanks for the info on the ticket. I'll see if I have an old ticket lying around somewhere.

·
14,455 Posts
thajones said:
yeah, wtf?! Damn dayne, i'm pissed just reading this :mad: You should find out where that f*cker lives (since you have his plate) and f*ck that pos trans up.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
did you report it as a hit-and-run to your insurance? There is a clause under the uninsured motorist coverage that covers things like this, where the accident was caused by another driver who then didn't stop (even if the only damage was yours). It doesn't result in any premium change or accident surcharge like collision claims do.

·
The Racist Metrosexual
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Creature said:
did you report it as a hit-and-run to your insurance? There is a clause under the uninsured motorist coverage that covers things like this, where the accident was caused by another driver who then didn't stop (even if the only damage was yours). It doesn't result in any premium change or accident surcharge like collision claims do.
Yes. The clause wasn't mentioned to me but my agent assured me he was cooked. I've got witnesses, his plates, his description....I mean how many 30 something yuppies in Northern Virginia, with tags that say NOTREDME on their black Trans Am, could there be?

def35 said:
You had the plate # and cops still wouldn't help you find him? wtf
Yep.
I motioned to give him the piece of paper with the plate number and he told me: "You can hold on to that if you want. There's nothing that I can do with it." I just talked to my State Farm agent and she says she'll be giving them a call too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts