The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Does anybody know where I can get a solid black piece to replace the wood like panel all the way across the dash. I don't like the wood color...My interior is going to be all black and blue.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
243 Posts
do you think that looks stupid or does it look like its a professional job? I like it and Im going to do mine black soon but dont want it to look riced out..what your opinion

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
it looks really good. you can ask a few of the people here in Texas who have seen it in person. I think it looks really tight. :) i would go for it. be different. diff angle below.

·
Registered
87 Posts
AltimaVixen, that looks phat! I was considering purchasing a brushed alluminum dash kit for my car, but I wasn't sure if it would look good w/ tan interior or not. I just have a couple questions for ya. 1st, what type of paint and clear coat did you use? Also, what type of sandpaper/grit did you use to sand the plastic down? How many coats of paint/clear coat did you use? Have you had any problems with the paint wearing/rubbing off? Just curious.

·
Registered
243 Posts
yea that does look real good i like it alot, im doing my interior black and silver right now slowly, but just wanted to make sure you like yours.

·
I don't care
3,361 Posts
jonboy1433 said:
Hey,

Does anybody know where I can get a solid black piece to replace the wood like panel all the way across the dash. I don't like the wood color...My interior is going to be all black and blue.

any suggestions?
If you do have a 1st gen then 1st gen XEs had the black piece. Looks pretty sharp.

Here's a high quality picture.
http://www.benlevy.com/new/P9290029.JPG over 300k :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Black Trim To Replace WoodGrain

Just checked the dealership and for an 01 alty its 39 dollars for the piece around the radio and the piece around the shifter is 10 dollars. This is without tax. NE ways...just thought you might want to know

·
good one Fonzie
6,449 Posts
well, the dealer told me for a 1st ghen it is $130 for both piece from an XE, just paint it, that's what I did

·
Registered
243 Posts
freshman said:
well, the dealer told me for a 1st ghen it is $130 for both piece from an XE, just paint it, that's what I did
do you think you can notice a big difference whether you painted it or bought it?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
vindeisel said:

do you think you can notice a big difference whether you painted it or bought it?
Kind of. Mine is really deep and glossy, you'd have to get a good paint job to get it to look like a stock black one. I think some SE's also came with the black dash piece, if you guys check out some junkyards you can probably find some.

·
Registered
243 Posts
95_XE said:
here's a pic of my dash. I have an XE, so it came with a black piece stock. Also check my sig

hey i dont mean to jump off the wood topic but where did you get that carbon fiber thing around the top part.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts