The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I have a Silver 2.5, always wanted a black on black 3.5... Will I get raped by the dealer? Or do you think it will be an alright raise in payment...
Options on my 2.5:
Sunroof
Convenience package (rims, mirror, splash guard)
Auto transmission

Currently have 9900 miles on it...

Let me know what you think

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Depends on what you consider rape? What are you paying now and what can you afford to raise it to. If you going from say $280 to $450, you have to decide if you can take that $170 increase, IMO thats a rape but it might be worth it for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well..right now my payments are like 400 per month for 4 years... i am willing to do 400 for 5 years...what do you guys think... possible?

·
Registered
80 Posts
with a 4 year loan on your current car you might not make out so bad trading it in. The reason is that you've been paying $400 a month so you may have got your payoff down to a point were you could break even on it or even make a little money if your really lucky. Never know till you see a dealer. If the dealers do try and rip you on trade you could always sell it yourself.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
datchineseguy said:
Well..right now my payments are like 400 per month for 4 years... i am willing to do 400 for 5 years...what do you guys think... possible?
if it's exactly the same payments but for 1 more year... it doesn't sound that bad. If you don't mind being in debt for another year, go for it. :)

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
j_archer_69 said:
That's a concern to me also...I cut the shift knob bar for a new one...so now that I think about it, I'll keep my 2.5 and be happy with it! :) Plus then I'd have to re-tint, put the rims back on....OH FORGET IT!!!:D
If I had listened to all the 2.5 naysayers... well... u wouldn't see what u see below. :)

·
Rock & Roll Outlaw
649 Posts
Keep the 2.5

Listen its just a car.

Your 2.5 can be upgraded.

There is a group leather buy going on.

There is a new Frankencar warm air intake coming out next month.

There is an underdrive pulley upgrade.

Wheel and tire upgrades galore.

Check out the new custome grill upgrades.

Yeah the 3.5 is a rocket ship.

My suggestion is to upgrade then trade it in three years for something like the Infiniti G-35 coupe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts