The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried it out this past weekend. I finally received my prokit last week and installed just the fronts. I figured that the rears look easy enough to do and I might as well save half the money and do them my self. Anyway, I rode around on stock rears and pro-kit fronts for about 200 miles and I must say that the ride was terrible. Riding around on two different spring rates is not a good idea. The front felt stiff over bumps and turns while the back felt really loose and bumpy. I would go over bumps and back felt so jerky.

Today, I got home from work and installed the rears. OMG, what a piece of cake to do. Seriously, took me no more than an hour. Sooooooo easy. I recomend to everyone to get the fronts installed and to do the back yourself. The ride is 12345869X better. The ride fells so much more even and the car takes turns like a champ. I'll post pics as soon as she is washed.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tronchaser said:
Wouldn't "Ridin' on 19's" have a lot to do with how bumpy that is? Has anyone done this on the stock 17's?
I had the rims installed about 1.5 months before I installed the springs. The ride isn't rough with 19's. However, you do feel the vibration from the bumps and little potholes more.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jaystarzz said:
Welp, there goes my dropping the front only idea :( Tis all good, can't wait to see how the gaps look ! :bigok:
Yesterday. before I swapped out the rears, the front actually looked like it sat slightly lower than the rear. I guess they settled throughout the weekend. I'm just waiting for the rears to settle now to see how they look. But now, they look completely even.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
dsuave624 said:
How do you like the ride on your car, Curtis? I know you have Sprints in the front and OEM rears.
I like it, the back is probably alittle softer since its not lowered, but I carry alot of weight in my trunk so it lowers it some and stiffens it cause the springs are alittle compressed. I think my RSB helps alot. Since I have the Sprints the rear springs would lower 1.8" and I don't wont to lower that much...

·
Slave to the Wife
360 Posts
i can tell just by looking that the back of my alti seems lower bit its the panel, it was cut low to give it thet lower rear look. but that just my own thought.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yeah, I have only the fronts on right now and I feel like a school bus. The back bucks up over every bump and bounces.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, this weekend I got an alignment and am pretty sure the springs have settled. Honestly, I cannot tell if the back is lower or not. It barely looks like anything was done. I just need struts and shocks now.

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
I'd like to swap sportlines in the front and prokits in the rear, however I do have the little problem of the WRONG OFFSET :angry3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts