The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom system set up

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right forum. but my car is a 2002 3.5SE. I had a box with 2 12" in the trunk but i hated losing that space so i made fiberglass enclosures for the area between the trunk door and wheel well.....I also made a carpeted ceiling to put the amp on..........My system isn't done yet, the Legacy Amp i have is ok.....i also have a pioneer 720 watt AMP, i'm wanting on getting a second pioneer Amp and a cap than i'll be done......heres the pics.....

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
Me likey a lot. You do the customer fab for the install or have it done for you??

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did it took about 10 hours.........after doing it though i think i could do one in about 5 to 6 hours

·
Barkless Dog
1,933 Posts
Looks great!

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Hey those custom sub enclosures look cool.......I am interested in 2 of those, 1 for the left and 1 for the right(12"Subs). If you are willing to make them for me and ship it to me, that'll be great............lemme know if you are interested and how much you will charge !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have one on each side...........they were pretty easy and cheap to make if you wanted to do it your self..............the only problem i have making them for you is that i haven't found matching carpet yet and the fact that i dont think i can make it cost effective to make them and send them out

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Did you take any pictures of the enclosure before you installed it? I'd like to see how you formed the back of it. I've been wanting to do that for a while but have not had the time.

Think you might have time to do a write up of how you did it? I'm sure many people would appreciate that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To make it all i did was removed the carpet lining.......Masking taped it all off and fiberglassed over the tape giving me the shape.......i than layed 3 layers of cloth fiberglass........ i removed it from the carpet......trimed the extra fiberglass and made an outline off it on some wood and made the front........i used hot glue to seal it off........i'll do a better write up and some more pics........and it sound just as good as the box i had.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
cyko said:
i have one on each side...........they were pretty easy and cheap to make if you wanted to do it your self..............the only problem i have making them for you is that i haven't found matching carpet yet and the fact that i dont think i can make it cost effective to make them and send them out
Yeah every mod here looks possible to do except for I ain't no expert in doing some myself. So I rather get it done through someone who knows there stuff. Can you atleast give me the dimensions and maybe I can try to see if I can get it custom made..........Thankx !!!!!!!

·
driven
1,110 Posts
Those look fantastic and it is exactly what i want to do. I hope to get a shiva sub and a half decent amp and mounting it flush the way you did is perfect.

How hard is it to work with fiberglass for someone who hasn't used it ever before? 10 hrs could be 20 or 30 for me...too bad you didn't take step by step pics as i'm sure many of use would have found that very useful.

I may have a proper box made and then get them to fiberglass the box into the side...we'll see.

Great install and i look forward to more pics...

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
man thas a clean setup....i might tackle this on when its warmer.....any helpful tips????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts