The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn! this car of mine

I was happy that i was the only guy in the neighborhood with an 2002 altima, but now i'm not so happy these days. Now don't get me wrong there no way i thought i was going to be the only one, but i didn't think that it would have gotten to the extreme that it did. Now there are five 02 's in my neighborhood an there mostly owned by older couples. It wouldn't be so bad if a younger person had one so it doesn't look as if it's a old man/womans car. OH well i just i got to push my modding into high gear i get my sony xplod head unit this monday and my spoiler this thursday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
I am starting to see more and more Alty's on the road (mostly 2.5's bone stock) but not so many that are modded so when I get next to one they just look at mine! I'm wondering what these Alty owners thinking when they look at my car? It's still no comparo to the Accords, Camry's & Acura's out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
its actually a great thing for older people to buy these cars. if it was only young people it wouldnt be long til the insurance companies cracked down on us. bring on the old folks in altimas... lower ins. rates!:cool:
 

·
Sarcastic Member
Joined
·
3,548 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. There are now 4 other Altimas on my block. I was also riding through my campus last week and I counted 17 Altimas ? ? Luckily only 3 of them incl mine were 3.5's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,296 Posts
bmfgsxr said:
its actually a great thing for older people to buy these cars. if it was only young people it wouldnt be long til the insurance companies cracked down on us. bring on the old folks in altimas... lower ins. rates!:cool:
I totally agree with you bmfgsxr but I hope those older people aren't the ones that's killing us in the insurance rates!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Change the look of it and you wont be the same. Always nice to see the looks when the balckbird goes by. By the way, whats old. Im 32 and drive this car like it suppose to be driven. So does the wife, but she wont admit it.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
M21ceman: I f I had a work ride like yours I would my car like it should be driven.
 

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
Joined
·
5,563 Posts
altimas are everywhere... but mostly 2.5s, driven by women, or old men. And those that are "modded" usually consist of nothing more than big blang-blang chrome rims.
 

·
Mature Member
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
Yeah, how old is old? And why does it have to be young vs. not so young? And who says a cool car is for "young" people?

I look at it like this, it's a cool car and so is the driver for buying it. Just because some of us aren't 18 doesn't mean we don't know how to have fun. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Here's my take on it: The reason young people buy the Alti, is for the handling, horsepower, and performance.

The reason old folks buy the Alti is because
their eyes are too bad to see the cheap interior finish!

And they still read 3 year old consumer reports that say the car is the most reliable and they think they are talking about the new model!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I'm also noticing a lot of Altima rental cars out there, some of them have this huge no smoking sticker on the back of them. Looks plain silly :)
 

·
Altimas.net
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
Glad to say, I have not seen more than 1 (not including me) Altima in my neighborhood of 200 homes or so and the most mods I have seen are a Trenz grill or aftermarket wheels...usually 17s on stock tires. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,959 Posts
JBL85 said:
Glad to say, I have not seen more than 1 (not including me) Altima in my neighborhood of 200 homes or so and the most mods I have seen are a Trenz grill or aftermarket wheels...usually 17s on stock tires. :D
I cringe at the sight of a Trenz... :(
 

·
Mature Member
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
Dallas said:
Here's my take on it: The reason young people buy the Alti, is for the handling, horsepower, and performance.

The reason old folks buy the Alti is because
their eyes are too bad to see the cheap interior finish!

And they still read 3 year old consumer reports that say the car is the most reliable and they think they are talking about the new model!
Nah, the first thing I saw was the cheap interior. :(

But then I drove the car. :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top