The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my parents out home shopping today... they wanted to check out Bronxville....It looked nice and all, very cozy neighboorhoods/houses. Then we stopped at a real estate agent to look at the ads....Average size houses (2-4 bedrooms) were between 700k-$2mil:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
Cheapest condo was $979k....wtf, thats insane:angry2:

Now my parents make close to $110k a year combined which is not too bad of a salary at all...but with these insane prices they'll probably be forced to live out the rest of their lives in this shithole called the bronx...and its hard for them to move to florida/tx or whatever since they've already put in some time at their current jobs:(

Damn it, these prices are sooo insane here its not even funny. Just ranting...wish I could help them somehow, but I can't:mad:

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
i dunno how much houses are being built but what my parents did was looking for houses/developments that AREN'T build yet and just advertised....we snatched up our house for around $150k and next week it jumped to $175k or so and now someone's sellin theirs for near $245k+(just 3 yrs later)...it's a big cozy twin house but it's also in the suburbs so it's easier to build houses...we also lucked out too...maybe they could just have a heads up and keep a watch on land being sold

·
14,455 Posts
What areas were you looking in?

With a combined $110k income, they could get a nice hous eon LI for $400k (if they want to spend that much).

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris said:
What areas were you looking in?

With a combined $110k income, they could get a nice hous eon LI for $400k (if they want to spend that much).

hmmmm what areas(so I can look it up online beforehand), I know they were hoping to get a place under $500k...
let me know please

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts