The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dads friend challenged me to a race he wants to go stop light to stop light...which in my town hardley any of them have a good stretch of road between them...so what should i do?:confused: ask him to go 1/4 if i have a chance at winning that is..my car is pretty much stock other than ive got a 3A uni. muff. and k&n, almost forgot i gots cobra eyes(good for another 5hp?..lol)pilot fogs, altima window sticker(good for2hp..j/k)...and my car has one small prob with it its missing so it needs new plug wire so do u think i need to wait till after i change those?his 98 ext. cab auto vortec v8..:rolleyes:

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
you will most likely lose a stoplight to stoplight race. My non-vortec 350 pwd blazer would rape most 4 cylinder altimas in stop light battles.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Stock Chevy/GMC 350s do 0-60 in the mid to high 7s so you know what you have.....stall until modded....but he is probably modded too.

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
Stick to the S-10's the 4cyl ones at that!

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
i already beat a silverado. as far as it being v6 or v8 who knows. i got him good too. screw it, just do it.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Low Flying GS-T said:
haha, not my s-15. the v6 moniker is just for show... i handed a vette his ass in tn. too bad it was a cross-fire powered vette.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Low Flying GS-T said:
actually ive beat my friends 1990 s10 4.3 v6 past 50 before hand im right at the rear of his cab but once we hit 50 i start pulling on him but we shut down at 60 though but i already had about half a car by then....but ur probley talking about newwer s10s, how much hp does each engine put out?yea i thought i probley wouldn't be able to beat the damn thing ...i won't to whip that trucks ass cause all he does is talk shit about foreign cars...(he got a mullet).:rolleyes:

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
As far as I know the 4cyl 2.2l makes 120hp and 140ft lbs of TQ and the V6 4.3l makes 190hp and 250ft lbs of TQ. The single cab base weighs in at 3,016 lbs I would espect the V6 to be a couple 100 pounds heavier.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
adam1784 said:

actually ive beat my friends 1990 s10 4.3 v6 past 50 before hand im right at the rear of his cab but once we hit 50 i start pulling on him but we shut down at 60 though but i already had about half a car by then....but ur probley talking about newwer s10s, how much hp does each engine put out?yea i thought i probley wouldn't be able to beat the damn thing ...i won't to whip that trucks ass cause all he does is talk shit about foreign cars...(he got a mullet).:rolleyes:
non vortec v6 - 190
vortec v6 - 220
350 in a s-15 - 350hp ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
asleepaltima said:

non vortec v6 - 190
vortec v6 - 220
350 in a s-15 - 350hp ;)
thanks asleepaltima...yea my friend wants to drop a 350 in i know i won't be able to beat him once he does that that is if i stay the way i am now...what would it take to smoke a stock older s10 with the 350 stock...sorry to drag this on how much hp does the alero have?i raced a 5spd the other day it had alloys and moonroof (so the loaded model?)anyway i had my friend with me the guy was by himself we took off from the light i took off normal he stayed beside me so i gunned it cause i needed in the other lane he speeds up, so he stayed beside me till 3rd then he just started pulling like crazy so i shut down cause i knew i was toast...he flags me down we talk he says nice car then he asked what i have i told him 4banger and he asked why my car started boging down in third i told him i need new plug wires then he siad lets race again once i get new wires,then we went are seperate ways.sorry for this long ass story guys laterz...:rolleyes:;)

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
adam1784 said:

thanks asleepaltima...yea my friend wants to drop a 350 in i know i won't be able to beat him once he does that that is if i stay the way i am now...what would it take to smoke a stock older s10 with the 350 stock...sorry to drag this on how much hp does the alero have?i raced a 5spd the other day it had alloys and moonroof (so the loaded model?)anyway i had my friend with me the guy was by himself we took off from the light i took off normal he stayed beside me so i gunned it cause i needed in the other lane he speeds up, so he stayed beside me till 3rd then he just started pulling like crazy so i shut down cause i knew i was toast...he flags me down we talk he says nice car then he asked what i have i told him 4banger and he asked why my car started boging down in third i told him i need new plug wires then he siad lets race again once i get new wires,then we went are seperate ways.sorry for this long ass story guys laterz...:rolleyes:;)
i cant honestly answer the alero question although im sure the answer is on the web in probably two clicks. i had a 2000 grand am se which is basically the same thing as an alero and with the v6 i think it was 190 horse, although i could be completely wrong. very torquey too. as far as an s10 with a 350, they never came stock with a 350, its completely a do-it-yourselfer job. they are blazingly fast once they are 350'd. i have about 350 horse and im running low 13's with nothing special, not even headers. just a 4 barrel, nice cam, roller rockers and heads and intake... :D i cant remember the exact dyno numbers but at the wheels it was close to 400 ft/lbs of tq. this is with the power robbing 9 inch rearend. youd be pretty hard pressed to beat a built 350 like mine in ANY s-10. either way, run him, who cares if you lose, its all good. :p

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Henchman said:
Asleepaltima, your truck is a perfect example of what i want to do with a truck(if I ever get one)
thanks man!! theres alot of hard work and tears in my truck. its like an ongoing neverending project. ill post some pics if i can get a dig cam...

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
its actually an s15 but its an 85. mods so far are, 350 hp 350 bored .030 over, 202 heads, roller rockers, mild cam(torque cam), corvette hei distributor with coil in cap accel super coil, ac delco rapidfire plugs gapped to 53 or so, edelbrock intake manifold, edel. carb, high flow water pump, bradshaw thermostat, '76 corvette 2 inch aluminum radiator, turbo 350 w/12-1800 stall converter with custom valve body and shift kit, ford 9 inch rear axle, dana 44 front axle, 21 inch rancho coil springs, 3.54 rear and 3.50 front ratios, 33 inch bfg muds, recaro gt seats and b&m z gate shifter. total lift from axle conversion = about 12-13 inches. oh yeah and various go-fast polished aluminum accessories ie; valve covers, brackets and pulleys... all of this = FUN RIDE!! a continuing work in progress to be sure. i can help with info anyone interested in doing the same thing to their s10 or toyota. just lemme know!!! PS, anyone in the phoenix area also interested in a 1970 corvette 350 longblock with 110,000 original miles, lemme know, im letting it go CHEAP to the tune of 100 bucks!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts