wasn't a standard feature on all of our Altimas. Anyway, if I had
the money to burn, do you think this option could be installed in
my 2.5 S w/cv package? What are the chances of the wiring
already being there ? Where would the switch be installed in the
interior?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The heated mirror activate when you put on your defrost for the front windshield. You have to have it on heat defrost and on the defrost option only not defrost and floor.
At least that is how it is for my SL. I know that up here in Canada our models are different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry, I must have been too busy drooling over my new car to have paid close attention to what the dealer was saying about the heated mirrors. I just checked the manual and yep, I stand corrected.:D

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
OK

Someone tell me what page in the manual it talks about heated mirrors................I can not find it drunk.........and if I have them it is news to me.

·
Kingpin
122 Posts
Re: OK

wild willy said:
Someone tell me what page in the manual it talks about heated mirrors................I can not find it drunk.........and if I have them it is news to me.
If you have the leather seats with the cold package then you have the heated mirrors.:p

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
SOB

Did not know that was part of the package, the only thing I did not get. If I would have known of the heated mirrors, I would have wanted that.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Heated mirrors make about as much sense to me as heated seats. By the time your seats warm up, your ass temperature has already stabilized (mine takes about 15 seconds with leather seats). And if you have to scrape ice and snow off of all your glass anyway, are you going to skip the mirrors and instead let the heaters melt it off? Someone clue me in.

·
1,357 Posts
Altimat said:
have to scrape ice and snow off of all your glass anyway, are you going to skip the mirrors and instead let the heaters melt it off? Someone clue me in.
I agree heated seats are a waste of money as well as heated mirrors. I'm glad it doesn't snow in the south, but it does get so hot my teeth start sweating.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Lots of freezing rain

Altimat said:
Heated mirrors make about as much sense to me as heated seats. By the time your seats warm up, your ass temperature has already stabilized (mine takes about 15 seconds with leather seats). And if you have to scrape ice and snow off of all your glass anyway, are you going to skip the mirrors and instead let the heaters melt it off? Someone clue me in.
Here in PA. Covers the car in a sheet of Ice about 1/4- to almost 1/2 inch at times. You really do not want to scrape your mirrors with all of the gears in there wrenchin em back and forth with a scraper. Pain in the ass!!

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Re: Lots of freezing rain

wild willy said:

Here in PA. Covers the car in a sheet of Ice about 1/4- to almost 1/2 inch at times. You really do not want to scrape your mirrors with all of the gears in there wrenchin em back and forth with a scraper. Pain in the ass!!
That makes sense. We rarely get freezing rain here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.