The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
upward spiral
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, for those of you who have seen , in person, the 2nd gen lip, help me out if you can....i have an 01 altima..my front end is different than yours in regaurds to the fog lights and middle gap..My question for you is will this spoiler go on to my car with no problems? or will i have to cut some of the lip??? i really need to know this before i get it sent to me from neo..if it aint gonna fit i dont want it..i was told it was , but now i get all these mixed responses... so if you can help me out guys i would realllly appreciate it. Thanks for your time and efforts..
 

·
Tofu Shop Owner
Joined
·
888 Posts
I haven't seen it in person, but I know for a fact that it won't fit... simply because the curvature on the lower side of the 2.5-gen (2000+) front bumper is different than that of the 2nd-gens.

The salesman told you it would fit because to the untrained eye, the 2nd gens and 2.5 gens have the same front bumper... and he's trying to make a sale.
 

·
Dreamer
Joined
·
665 Posts
The 98-99 and the 00-01 altimas have different front and rear bumpers. The 98-99 are more conservative while the 00-01 are more aggressive and looks better :D
 

·
Tofu Shop Owner
Joined
·
888 Posts
Parsec said:
I'm confused here .. you are asking if a 2nd gen lip will fit on your 2nd gen altima?
He has a 2k1... 2.5-Gen. Aluminum KA24DE, different gearing, different headlights, and some other cosmetic changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,500 Posts
PT said:


He has a 2k1... 2.5-Gen. Aluminum KA24DE, different gearing, different headlights, and some other cosmetic changes.
and red tails....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,500 Posts
Re: Re: Those who HAVE SEEN IN PERSON the 2nd gen lip please help.....

PT said:
I haven't seen it in person, but I know for a fact that it won't fit... simply because the curvature on the lower side of the 2.5-gen (2000+) front bumper is different than that of the 2nd-gens.

The salesman told you it would fit because to the untrained eye, the 2nd gens and 2.5 gens have the same front bumper... and he's trying to make a sale.
my untrained eye thinks/thought it would fit... they look the same shape.. but then again, we'll never know until someone tries to get it fitted to their 00-01..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Lip

If you want, I can put my lip on my neighbor's 01 and tell you if it'll fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,500 Posts
Re: Lip

TRIXIERACER said:
If you want, I can put my lip on my neighbor's 01 and tell you if it'll fit.

please please please? =D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Re: Re: Lip

Ry said:



please please please? =D
No problem. I'll do it when I get back from work/school.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,500 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Lip

TRIXIERACER said:


No problem. I'll do it when I get back from work/school.
cool deal sarah.. thanks!
 

·
upward spiral
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANK YOU SOO MUCH SARAH..i realllly need to know bad..mines prolly gonna be at my doorstep soon and its gonna suck when i go to put it on and it wont fit, please email me with what you find out at [email protected].... anyone who has tried please email me :(
 

·
upward spiral
Joined
·
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the bump....someons gotta know...or soon i will be the one lettin you guys know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,500 Posts
2k1Platinum said:
thanks for the bump....someons gotta know...or soon i will be the one lettin you guys know...

np.. when's yours coming in?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top