The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been pulled over for not having a license plate in the front. Is there a way to get past that? The body kit doesn't have the spots for the plate.

·
Bayamon, P.R.
38 Posts
If your state requires a front plate I think it's probably impossible to get around it sorry, but here in Flo. we don't need one.:D

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
hazy_sky said:
i have been pulled over for not having a license plate in the front. Is there a way to get past that? The body kit doesn't have the spots for the plate.
ignorance is now excuse...

did you need a plate up front before the kit? yes? then why didn't you put one on? go buy a bracket (universal or a nissan one) and install it.

·
I don't drive an Altima
2,884 Posts
yeah up here u have one but i always say i just got my car fixed or repaired and am waiting for the bracket so i just put it in my window

·
Registered
730 Posts
use the 2 holes on ur license plate and put in some wire and wire it from the holes to your bumper. it will look ghetto but oh well. take it to the police station and get ur fix it ticket signed off. then take ur plate off again and u are in the clear.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ive heard of some cops that pull people without front plates only because its a sign that they are running non street legal parts under their hood. I think they had an article about this in a recent super street. Just make sure everything else is good, ie ride hight and stickers

·
TA boi
275 Posts
I got pulled over just a couple of days ago for that. I got a ticket for clear taillights and a warning for the no front license plate. Damn :evil I'm gonna change my taillights out but I don't like the license plate in the front soo I'm not gonna put it back on. Even if you put it in the front windshield, they'll still hassle you about it. It just makes me mad...they're out to get us.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
haha..no front plate=sign they are running illegal parts? come on now. read the article a little closer and it says that its a way to pull them over..and then check under the hood.

·
87 octane evangelist
89 Posts
AznAlty17 said:
I got pulled over just a couple of days ago for that. I got a ticket for clear taillights and a warning for the no front license plate. Damn :evil I'm gonna change my taillights out but I don't like the license plate in the front soo I'm not gonna put it back on. Even if you put it in the front windshield, they'll still hassle you about it. It just makes me mad...they're out to get us.
har har har! you think they are out to get YOU? i got pulled over 5 times in 3 months in my supra, and not a single time for any moving violations. 1 no front license plate, 1 no front license plate, 1 window tint, 1 no front license plate and another no front license plate. $50 fine each time (been to court for all of them)you'd think by now i'd have put it on right? actually, at least one of those would have been a speeding ticket if i had a front plate on, since the cop was using lidar. but since i didn't have a front plate, he wasn't able to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get around it everytime

The damn dealership screwed the damn plate on the front, I went home took it off and put plugs in the wholes. (Looks fine) Then I bent the plate and damaged the screws a little and threw it in my trunk. Been pulled over twice, and said it was damaged or what not, and they said please try to get it on asap.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ZKrazy said:
haha..no front plate=sign they are running illegal parts? come on now. read the article a little closer and it says that its a way to pull them over..and then check under the hood.
umm......exactly. no front plate = they figure you might be running illegal parts, or a sign that you are. so they pull you for it and check. Im pretty sure thats what I ment.

·
6,859 Posts
hazy_sky said:
What do you mean by there is no spot on the body kit for the plate? Do you mean that there is no designated spot for it on the body kit? If so, even before you put the bodykit on there was no spot for it. You need to drill into the bumper cover and make a space for it. Or you could put it in the space between the two fogs.

·
!!Official Per4mance!!
52 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hazy_sky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what Kit do you have? If you're kit has the big opening on the bottom just put some mesh in there, then put the plates on the mesh. you wont damage your front bumper and still have your plates on.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
so you're saying my mom's i30 will get pulled over because it doesnt have a plate? and the cops will tell her to pop the hood? its just an EXCUSE to pull a fixed up car over. because they need probable cause to harass people....nevermind. its no use.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.