The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look to port and polish the throtle body and machine the cam gears, but i dont want to use my car cuz it will be in the shop too long. she is my only form of transportation. i have a 94, does it make a difference in any of the years (for first gen offcoarse), can i use any year btw 93-97 for my car for the parts????
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
ramos said:
look to port and polish the throtle body and machine the cam gears, but i dont want to use my car cuz it will be in the shop too long. she is my only form of transportation. i have a 94, does it make a difference in any of the years (for first gen offcoarse), can i use any year btw 93-97 for my car for the parts????
I know you have to use either 93 or 94 TB, but the cams doesn't make a difference. The throttle bodies changed a little after 94. The 95+ will not work with the 94-.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
somebody told me that the throttle body on an auto is bigger then the manual drive, is there any truth to this
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
13,021 Posts
ramos said:
somebody told me that the throttle body on an auto is bigger then the manual drive, is there any truth to this
THROTTLE BODY
The throttle body from an Automatic Nissan Altima
fits into the Manual Nissan Altima. It increases in size
by 5mm increasing performance.
Submitted by Shawn

taken from the aftermarket section.
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
mrdeucie said:


THROTTLE BODY
The throttle body from an Automatic Nissan Altima
fits into the Manual Nissan Altima. It increases in size
by 5mm increasing performance.
Submitted by Shawn

taken from the aftermarket section.
this very well could be true. But when i called JWT, they said that they were pretty sure all of them were the same. Since i have a manual, all i would have to do is check mine to see if it is a 55mm. If so, then it's true. The auto should have a 60 mm.

The only throttle body made by nissan that is larger than that, is in the Maxima. It will do no good to swap a 240sx throttle body, cause we have the same one.

Also, the 93-94 auto throttle body has a different part number than a 95-97 throttle body. And the manual TB on the 93-94 has a different part number than the 95-97. So,

93-94 auto part # 1
93-94 manual part # 2
95-97 auto part # 3
95-97 manual part #4

they are all differnet. If this is true, then make sure to upgrade in the same range of years. An auto TB from a 97 will not work in a manual 93 or 94.
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
Peterson said:
They are different. I held mine up next to each other, and sure enough,the auto was bigger.
Git the Fuck outta here!! "Well, slap me and call me Susan."

Guess i'll be gettin a larger TB before nitrous as well. Only a few more mods to go before i'm ready.

Plugs and wires
motor mounts
TB

Then... the JWT 60 shot and ECU upgrade
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,959 Posts
does this also apply to second gens?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe what i should have said, orlando, was cam shafts. now will they make that much of a difference in power. i know that im going to lose the smooth idle when i put it in and i have to get bigger injectors and a stronger fuel pump to do so (including losing the gas milage im getting not) , but will it be worth is my question
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top