The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it wear out?? My car has a slight lag upon low rpms. Upon entering the on ramp of the freeway, when im about 40mph and have the gas pedal about 3/4 down, and when i punch it, it doesnt give me the whiplash im supposed to get when you floor it. It slowy progresses to gain speed. Why does it do this? what can it be?

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
clean it.. i did that a while ago and i belive it made a bit of a difference.. get some throttle body cleaner that u spray in it, then put everything back together and revvvvv and all this smoke shit comes out the back.. i did it a few times till the smoke wasn't black anymore. my shit was filthy. that may help.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
ERyNN29 said:
clean it.. i did that a while ago and i belive it made a bit of a difference.. get some throttle body cleaner that u spray in it, then put everything back together and revvvvv and all this smoke shit comes out the back.. i did it a few times till the smoke wasn't black anymore. my shit was filthy. that may help.
I did that yesterday. Also scrubed the shit out of it with a toothbrush and wiped the excess stuff off with a towel. I was thinking about cleaning it more once my pop charger arrives b/c the intake I have now sucks and its dirty so I didn't notice much of a difference at all. I'm having the same problem as oogie as far as lowend rpms.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
wet down the distributor and plug wires with a hose. check if that causes the engine to idle improperly. If it does run like shit after that, replace the cap rotor, wires and plugs. Wet tests are a sure fire way to find out if the ignition system is causing the problem.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
because chances are, you can get another throttle body cheaper at the salvage yard with a tps still on it, cheaper than youll be able to get just a sensor at the auto parts store.... the tps is like the only thing that can really go wrong with a throttle body... unless a screw broke off or the butterfly is totally siezed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts