The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
It shoudn't be making that much noise with such low mileage. How's your driving habits? Does ACT use a stock, Nissan spec, throw-out?

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I think it uses a stock bearing.. its not making alotta noise, you can hear it if u listen carefully. I always notice the tiniest of things before they develop into something worse. I heard that noise and it bugged me out. It's only when the clutch its completley down as far as it can go. The minute I let off it a bit, the noise stops. I'm pretty sure its the t/o bearing.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
It's more of a nuisance than anyting else, someone may say differently. It ain't gonna go anywhere not unless you take it out!

btw, thanks again for the pics!

·
Keepin' It Real
726 Posts
Hey Erynn,

Same thing happened to my friends Civic...he had no problems with his car...then he installed a new clutch a little after that the throw out bearing went and made the same noise your describing. He drove with it so long with the problem that when he got it fixed there was a still a little bit of noise after. Dont know why either....

I would get it fixed...sooner than later

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Now would be a great time to save up for a Jun flywheel ;)

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Happened to my Camaro this summer. I drove it like that for like 2 months and then finally I lost 6th gear......then all of them. I thought I blew my tranny. It will get real loud when it's about to go.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay, it's not that loud yet.. you can hardly hear it (but i can heh). so i guess its okay for now, im gonna try and save up for a flywheel as well :) thanks for ur help guys as always.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts