The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
its all over...
Joined
·
579 Posts
Rallymaster said:
I want jaystar's (or any other fitness gurus) opinion on these workouts
These are good for people who already have a significant ammount of strength (core strength).

On the second vid for example they flex for the back and chest. However the average person (even many gym buffs) can only pull half as much as they can push. they'll be tired after a few good form reps. You'll see guys that can bench monsterous ammounts of weight but cant pull off a proper pull up

Esentially: Exercise would work for those who have been working out for a long time and know their stuff. The average guy can't run out to his local playground and do half that stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
thug workout = gymnastics

it definitely works, calisthenics are the core for the most part....problem this workout isnt for beginners, they would have a tough time doing even one rep of any of these.....better suited for someone with a good base already
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
well i hadnt seent the whole thing before i posted, but he mentions calisthenics...he knows what he is talking about, don't let the "thugh workout" label fool ya, he isnt just a thug trying to make a statement, he's obviously trying to make some money by going after the "gangsta" audience
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
I dont like none of those work outs. Tell me what does this do to you, You think you can do some reps what that guy in the first did on the monkey grips or bars... for his abs. I think your better of doing sit ups or something. Those workouts are stupid......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
Oh and your muscles will contract so bad and you will have pain or even hurt something from those dumbass workouts. I wouldnt recommend doing this. Oh and those guys are on something not a natural work out.
 

·
almost gone
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
BmarineUrbaneAltima said:
Oh and your muscles will contract so bad and you will have pain or even hurt something from those dumbass workouts. I wouldnt recommend doing this. Oh and those guys are on something not a natural work out.
they are not on anything... these are all workouts you can do after workingout for a while
 

·
werd!
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
BmarineUrbaneAltima said:
I dont like none of those work outs. Tell me what does this do to you, You think you can do some reps what that guy in the first did on the monkey grips or bars... for his abs. I think your better of doing sit ups or something. Those workouts are stupid......
i belong to a gym and go religiously. Those guys are not saying that you do it a few times and you're RIPPED. heh. :rolleyes: your comment is completely retarded. They are not selling anything. They are merely explaining how one could "work out" using the resistance of his/her weight on the playground monkey bar sets. Not everyone has the $ to go to a gym. A lot of those routines do work. How the hell do you think people trained for fights before these huge complicated machines entered our fitness lives?

ANd yes to do one FULL rep you need some serious strength.
BUT, if you don't have it, you work up to it. and sure you're muscles will be sore. THe sad thing is that if unsupervised, one could really hurt themselves doing this type of workout. Those are the only drawbacks i see now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
When I got to the gym I do pull ups and push ups along with free weights and machines. I found that doing dips, and such made me stronger overall because of teh control it takes to do teh right form. When I was in high school, all I did was sit ups and pull ups/chin ups (baseball player), and my arms were just as big and strong as the big dudes on the team. But I think those are some good excercises to work up to, some can be done immediately, and some you need to build up to.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
3,840 Posts
SIR NUPE A LOT said:
When I got to the gym I do pull ups and push ups along with free weights and machines. I found that doing dips, and such made me stronger overall because of teh control it takes to do teh right form. When I was in high school, all I did was sit ups and pull ups/chin ups (baseball player), and my arms were just as big and strong as the big dudes on the team. But I think those are some good excercises to work up to, some can be done immediately, and some you need to build up to.
yep, when I was in HS all I did was bench all day along with dips. I hardly worked my biceps but my arms were always huge because of the dips working out the triceps. I can barely curl a 50 pound dumbbell but used to max at the bench at about 275-300.
 

·
Maxima Pro
Joined
·
443 Posts
no guns=no thugs
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top