The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/home.html

what do you think of them? how is their rally clutch? i want something that will grip better then stock. i like instant grip but don't want to screw my tranny and still want ease of use.

are they good or would you recomend another brand? i was looking at spending around $200-$250 for my clutch. and who would you recomend for flywheels.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
i would use an ACT street/strip clutch...i love mine :D but its up to you...i paid 325 for mine, and love it! i dont know about South Bend clutches...so you got me there...might be a good brand, but ACT is proven on here.

for flywheels, i dunno...since i only have the stock one. you can pick on up at Southwestautoworks or maybe AMS, youd have to ask Peterson or Bigbird on that one...

what are you planning on doing with the car? bolt ons? if so, upgrade the clutch. if youre not really going to do anything performance wise, then you really wouldnt need anything heavy-duty...so a slight upgrade would be good, or just an OEM clutch...just depends on what youre planning for the car.

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
to answer this question we need to know what you are planning for your car.

if the engine is gunna be stock, or light mods such as intake and exhaust.. dont bother.

assuming your clutch died due to high miles and not to improper use, going for a very stiff aftermarket unit will pretty much kill the lifespan of your box.

if you simply dont care and like teh take up and feel of aftermarket units go ahead... myself? if i weren't a sadest and budgeting for an unecessary gearbox rebuild, or heading for significant engine mods that would require an uprated clutch.. (or both ;) ) i wouldnt bother.

lightened flywheels in an otherwise stock street car is even more dubious.

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
keep it simple: get an exedy clutcha and keep your stock flywheel. you aren't going to gain much of anything other than future repairs replacing either with higher performance stuff unless you've already finished every bolt on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts