The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
105hp OWNS
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell are the pro's and con's to gutting the stupid CAT. I want airflow and I want it now lol!!!!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
not passing emissions? just the same as getting a straight pipe probably. maybe loss of low end power cuz no backpressure, but gain high end hp.
Jay

·
105hp OWNS
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to love Florida lol, no emissions checks. Low end power for high end hmmmmmmmm SOUNDS GOOD!!!! Do you guys like low end power or high?

·
Registered
425 Posts
dead man u live in orlando? kool man i live there too we should set up a meet some time. but yeah i like low end for street racing but since i have not cat and running 2 1/4 i guess thats not an option. but hell yeah sounds good in high end.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
For the kind of racing most of us do, preserving a little bit of low end is important. But our engines specifically have a decent amount of low-end torque (unlike most Honda engines - hehe) so the backpressure lost from removal/gutting of the cat is of little consequence. You might notice it, but it won't harm the overall performance too much. If you go catback, just make sure you stay under 2.5" piping (with the exception of turbo-ed cars), otherwise you lose exhaust velocity, then your low end is gone entirely.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
low end...cuz I always seem to be in the wrong gear when entering/exiting corners in autox.
Jay

·
105hp OWNS
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey for all you florida people that want to meet go to the local part of the messege board, and you know I cant remember if i have 3 inch piping or 2.5 ohhh who cares lol. Ill just gut the cat this weekend and tell you all how it went. Got to love the alty!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts