The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
digitalwavetel
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the laws in Oregon regarding window tint?

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Any aftermarket tint is Illegal !!!!!! You can get away with a slight tint , but it will just give the police a reason to pull you over if they feel like it !!!!

·
digitalwavetel
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you serious???

Well, they haven't said anything about mine yet and I've been living in Portland from California since December 12th. I hope my luck doesn't run out. Thanks man!

·
777 Posts
you can have 35% in the front, rear, and back. you can have 6 inches from the top of the window. i got limo (5%) rear and back and I havent gotten a ticket, but I have been told its too dark by a cop.

·
Bruised Soup
9,479 Posts
you are in eugene huh?? man, i saw a couple of altimas that had a few aftermarket parts on them when i had mine, but no one ever came to this board, just a few from oregon, like shawn and shabu and tman, afew others.... mine altima is still around here.....if u need help with any work, let me know...i had a few bolt ons on my altima...

anyways, when i was in huntington beach 2 years ago i got 5% all windows, and got busted for them in gresham....i had a few warnings from state patrols in salem and in grants pass/medford, but they all gave me different reasons why the window tint is illegal....one reason i received is because if the window tinti is soo dark that when the window shatters, it will stay in big slabs instead of shattering into little pieces, and the stater said that he has seen limbs cut off because of this very reason.....

what part of cali you from???

hey shawn, when you goin to the track next?? i have been lookin for a 93-94 altima for like cheap:) (it HAS to be a manual and have a moonroof), but the cheapest i found was for $4400.....i would really want an SE, but i can live with a 93 GXE and put in a used KA block for $400 and get the SE tranny for another $350 and the spoiler for $100....i already have the fog lamps AND driving lights, then i could mod from there...
anyways, i will prolly end up in a dimer first...
email me sometime [email protected]
see ya

HBOC

·
777 Posts
yeah, i was goin through osu and got pulled over for my marker lights. he said he wasnt gonna give me a ticket but i need to fix em. then he said oh yeah and your tints to dark i wont ticket you for that but you need to take it off. its $175 ticket. that sucks about the limbs getting cut off and sh*t, but hey, its a risk im willing to take.

im from san luis obispo, ca its half way between LA and SF on the coast. moved to ptown last year, and transfered to uo this year.

you gotta thread with your car pics on it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.