The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
i need to retint ALL my windows..the tint is peeling everywhere...so maybe i should go look for that...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm taking mine in tuesday for tinting. back window and rear door windows tinted #12 for $165.00 with a lifetime warrenty at Ziebart. Is that too much?
I'm not tinting the front door windows because Michigan law says no tinting of any shade is permitted on front door windows.:(

·
TopNotch MI Founder
1,659 Posts
stevo said:
I'm taking mine in tuesday for tinting. back window and rear door windows tinted #12 for $165.00 with a lifetime warrenty at Ziebart. Is that too much?
I'm not tinting the front door windows because Michigan law says no tinting of any shade is permitted on front door windows.:(
fuk michigan law... only an asshole cop will care about that...

happened to me... got pulled over just for tints and grad tassle on rear-view... well got a doctor's note, goin to court... so fuk that... its just tints...

·
Holla!
1,310 Posts
Sucks for you

stevo said:
Sucks for you guys, in Oregon you can have up to 35% on all windows (but not as much on windshied)

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I peeled mine. Just used 409 cleaner stuff. Do it slowly.
btw, it'll smell really really really bad when you get the glue exposed to air!
Jae

·
421 Posts
A couple tips if you decide to do it yourself:

-Do it in a garage ( no wind, no glaring sun)

-Thoroughly clean the window and be sure it is crystal clear.

-When squeegying (sp?) all the bubbles out, spray water to keep the surface smooth.

-After you've spent half an hour smoothing the bubbles out, spend another half an hour.....then another.( there is nothing worse then seeing a car with tinted windows that is full of air bubbles.........why do they frickin bother?!?!?)

- To get a straight edge around the windows , tape a pencil around the razor, so that you can run the pencil along the window's edge and cut a nice,straight line .

Most important- Take-your-time

To take it off, I just peeled a corner and started spraying the hell out of it with 409 while peeling it off

·
Banned
1 Posts
masplinter9 said:
Is the DIY film stuff worthless or is it good? Because i wanted to tint my windows, and that stuff is only like $10.00 on e-bay. And im too broke to pay a shop to do it.
worthless shit

·
Banned
1 Posts
to remove.....

409 works, but the smell is a bit strong with the glue. Take a spray bottle and mix dishwashing soap and water, and spray the tint liberally. Take a garbage bag and put it on the window, and let this sit in the sun for about 30 minutes. Peels right off. The good thing about this is that you save your rear window defogger lines instead of peeling them off too!

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
3,664 Posts
take it to a pro to be safe, especially for the rear window....if you do something wrong, you may ruin the defrost lines and then are gonna be worse off....its worth the money to take it to a pro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts