The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Former Alty Owner
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came as a shock to me, but I've been riding for 4 months on tires that were 15 PSI and 12 PSI over mfg recommended!!!!:eek: I bought a tire pressure gauge today, and noticed all my tires were about 45 PSI. I changed it to spec for the 3.5, 33 in front, 30 in the back, and I noticed a difference. So much for dealers prepping your car right... For anyone that hasn't done so.. check your tires you might be in for a surprise.. :rolleyes:

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Surprise indeed

Here what mine were from the dealer prep..18-22-20-49 psi

I had to drive almost 400 miles home from my dealer!!!!

·
Former Alty Owner
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Surprise indeed

wild willy said:
Here what mine were from the dealer prep..18-22-20-49 psi

I had to drive almost 400 miles home from my dealer!!!!
Ok that is worse then mine.. at least mine were even.. 400 miles from the dealer? You must have got some deal to drive that far..

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
U think me dumb

Checked them the next morning after I got home, I hope they cooled down after 13 hours......in my garage....waht u think

·
Registered
74 Posts
when the altis where first shipped out alot of us first month owners notices that the tires had around 50 psi mine did in all 4... Im guessing the dealer does not check... my first alti was a 98 and the dealer never checked the tranny oil on the dealer prep i keept complaining about the tranny shifting funny after 20,000 miles I CHECKED THE OIL level and it was 1 pint short... they said OOPS we muct not have checked that because there is NO leaks... NICE HU... oh well
needless to say NOW i check the car...

This time when i got the new alti they went to give me the car with the wheel caps missing off the rims to get the lug nut off. and before it went into prep i noticed it missing AND said something and when it came out THEY were still missing and the SALES man put them ON...

·
NO LIFE POSTER
252 Posts
low oil

Saturday I will have owned my altima for 7 days and I go to check the oil today and it is almost 1 quart low. I hope this is not normal.

·
Former Alty Owner
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: low oil

02silver2.5l said:
Saturday I will have owned my altima for 7 days and I go to check the oil today and it is almost 1 quart low. I hope this is not normal.

nope.. that wouldn't be normal.. have you noticed any puddles on the bottom of your car when you park? Judging by some of the other comments, there is a possibility that when you left the dealership it was at the same oil level.. while you're at it.. check your tire pressure.. I'm sure that's off as well..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Low oil

According to the owners manual, oil consumption during the break-in period is normal. One month after I got my Alty I had lost nearly a quart. And from what I gather in other posts, this is normal amongst the 02 Alty population. I now have racked up close to 5000 miles, and since my oil change at 3500 I have noticed no consumption at all (or very little, if any). So hopefully (knock on wood!!!) those days are over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
By the way, anybody know the recommended tire pressures for my 2.5S? Owners manual only says that tire info is posted on drivers side pillar, but I don't see it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
New member here. The pressure info is on the underside of the center console storage lid, I found it by accident whilst cleaning interior. So much for the owners manual and the driver's door pillar. Anyway, if I remember right, the 2.5S is supposed to be 29lbs all around.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Oil Wrong thread but what the hell I will roo with it too

My car used about 1/2 qt the first 1k------0 the second 1000

·
Registered
95 Posts
my car was 2/3 of a quart shy - with 6 miles on it - so they must not be filling them up all the way at the factory. I filled at up and 1000 miles later it's still dead on.

as for everything else - the dealer did their prep correctly for mine - 33 and 30 on the nose - cold psi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.