The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Altima 2.5 SV. I have had almost no problems with this car, but all of a sudden the tire pressure icon on my vehicle information display just disappeared. I can scroll through everything else, but no tire pressures. Does anybody have a clue what happened? It's not giving me any errors, tire pressures are fine, and I haven't done anything to the car lately. Please help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The setting was turned off. Go to the display settings and turn it back on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thanks...I feel like an idiot now. Although I'm not sure how this was changed. I haven't been into these settings since I bought the car. I'll delete this post now so it doesn't waste anyone's time. Thanks again!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Well, thanks...I feel like an idiot now. Although I'm not sure how this was changed. I haven't been into these settings since I bought the car. I'll delete this post now so it doesn't waste anyone's time. Thanks again!
Heck no. The ONLY stupid question is an unasked one. If it happened to you, could happen to others.

·
Registered
286 Posts
2013 Altima 2.5 SV. I have had almost no problems with this car, but all of a sudden the tire pressure icon on my vehicle information display just disappeared. I can scroll through everything else, but no tire pressures. Does anybody have a clue what happened? It's not giving me any errors, tire pressures are fine, and I haven't done anything to the car lately. Please help.

Thanks!
Did you notice your trip reset and other settings in your info center changed too? If so I've had this happen a few times. About a month ago this happened and then everything went dark on my dash and radio (lost all my radio stations) and an error came up about a shipping fuse. Well sure enough there is one big ass fuse that runs all power in your dash and it's right by your left knee. It was behind a panel and I think it looked like a clothes pin. Push on it and see if you feel it click or gets more snug. The dealer puts this fuse in when they receive the car from the factory. I don't know why that's just what I was told.

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is the best image I found on Google. The big white square is the shipping fuse.

·
6,365 Posts
This is the best image I found on Google. The big white square is the shipping fuse.
gotta believe that can be replaced by a standard mini fuse, no?

·
Registered
286 Posts
The fuse didn't go bad, I just live in a really shitty dirt road so it worked its way loose. Dealer kind of indicated that they will walk off if you hit pot holes all the time. So every once in awhile you just got to give it up push.

·
6,365 Posts
These 'shipping' fuses have been in use for a few years:

Vehicles delivered to dealers since December 2010 are equipped with two battery saving features: “Extended Storage Switch” and “BCM Transit Mode”. Failure to disable either battery saving feature prior to customer delivery will result in improper operation of various vehicle electrical components leading to Customer Dissatisfaction.

Extended Storage Switch (ESS) is located in the fuse panel. ESS is a removable fuse that when pulled out disables several electrical functions. Vehicles are shipped to dealers with the fuse pulled out to retain battery charge. Dealerships are required to push in the fuse prior to customer delivery.

BCM Transit mode is a Body Control Module setting that also disables vehicle electronic features. Vehicles are shipped to dealers with the BCM transit mode enabled. Simultaneously pushing down on the wiper switch and turn signal for 2 seconds will disable the BCM transit mode. Dealerships are required to disable the BCM transit mode prior to customer delivery.

Failure to disable either feature will lead to the following customer symptoms:
- Keyfob Inop (keyless remotes do not lock or unlock doors/trunk)
- Heater/Air Conditioning blower stuck on high (default position when vehicle is started)
- Heater/Air Conditioning unable to retain temperature setting memory
- HomeLink Inop (garage door opener located in rearview mirror can not be programmed)
- Clock Inop
- Hazard Lights stay on for 1 minute (both turn indicators stay lit on meter)
- Interior Lights Inop
- Fog Lamp Inop
- Panic Alarm Inop

Please ensure that both battery saving features are disabled before delivering vehicles to customers.

Claims for the items mentioned above should not be submitted if found to be a result of ESS or BCM transit mode operation.

For further information please reference Technical Service Bulletin ITB10-063. Also reference Parts and Service Bulletin IPSB/11-005.
Field Quality Improvement Reference: IQA/11-001

·
Registered
286 Posts
All I know is the guy at the dealership could pull it out and show me everything going dead and then push it back in and everything was dandy so I know he diagnosed the problem correctly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts