The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2003.5 g35 :)
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe its called a TIRE ROD... or a tie rod.. well i need it.. the mechanic says.. (when the car is off the ground).. Rock the tire left and right.. its loose.. my tire rod has to much play and needs to be replaced.. WHERE CAN I BUY ONE FOR THE DRIVERS SIDE?? 99 altima..

·
caviar cartel
3,219 Posts
I just replaced my driver's side front tie rod, spindle, control arm and strut.. if you have a mechanic he should be able to get his hands on some used parts at a decent price.. that's exactly what mine did

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
I replace the tie rod end myself. Unless you've bent it, the tie rod itself doesn't wear out, only the end does. You'll need a front end alignment when you're done, though.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
the ball end usually wear out fast. anyway, they can be obtained from NAPA and such. I think I paid $50 for a pair last time, made in japan.

Anyway, I hope it's the outer one you got to replace. the inner one is a bitch to get to.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright.. i think im going to buy it direct from nissan..

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
And NAPA is gonna be a little more than some others. I got mine at Autozone - $18 for one outer (Perfect Circle). Inner or outer from them, Beck Arnley, are $35.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so auto zone is 35 dollars for inner and outter.. U MADE NO SENCE IN YOUR LAST REPLY KIERANDILL

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
bizz said:
so auto zone is 35 dollars for inner and outter.. U MADE NO SENCE IN YOUR LAST REPLY KIERANDILL
And I hadn't even been drinking.
Outer (Perfect Circle) from Autozone - $18
Inner or outer from them (Autozone), Beck Arnley brand, $35 each for either (not 35 for both).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts