The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone

My car is 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 s 4 dr
How often do you do the tire rotation? The owner manual shows I should rotate the tires every 7,500 miles.
But I wonder if I need to rotate my tires every 7,000 miles.

Any recommendations??
Thank you all.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,276 Posts
I do 5000

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I agree with WWilly...I rotate mine every 5K. Easier for me to keep track of on the 5's. For some reason, I guess it is the way the suspension acts/reacts on FWD cars, if the rear tires are never rotated, they get 'cupped out' and then make a thump thump thump noise as you drive down the road. By this time, the tire is ruined.

You can't go wrong rotating your tires every 5-7500 miles. Torque the lug nuts to 83ft-lb.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I never ever rotate tires, change them only when they get worn completely out at close to or past the recommended mileages. Usually with belt beginning to show or suncracked bad rubber due to age. Rotation can actually kill tires faster and something the tire shops will never tell you, it also results in lots of unnecessary front end alignment jobs. I do all that myself and the cars don't ever do anything but drive dead straight and forever. I may line one up every 5+ years or so, and the move made is very slight, usually being toe only. Oh, and I quit balancing tires several years back too and the cars (4 of them) all drive fine at 70-80 mph all day long. The money saved is substantial and it causes me no trouble at all. Of course the tire 'techs' think I'm nuts.

I could explain how it all works but it would take a book. Most of you won't believe it anyway and you never read to get smarter. Keep on throwing that cash away, where your retirement is going.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,276 Posts
I never ever rotate tires, change them only when they get worn completely out at close to or past the recommended mileages. Usually with belt beginning to show or suncracked bad rubber due to age. Rotation can actually kill tires faster and something the tire shops will never tell you, it also results in lots of unnecessary front end alignment jobs. I do all that myself and the cars don't ever do anything but drive dead straight and forever. I may line one up every 5+ years or so, and the move made is very slight, usually being toe only. Oh, and I quit balancing tires several years back too and the cars (4 of them) all drive fine at 70-80 mph all day long. The money saved is substantial and it causes me no trouble at all. Of course the tire 'techs' think I'm nuts.

I could explain how it all works but it would take a book. Most of you won't believe it anyway and you never read to get smarter. Keep on throwing that cash away, where your retirement is going.
You know.......I think you are right. Not sure why I do it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, everyone

My car is 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 s 4 dr
How often do you do the tire rotation? The owner manual shows I should rotate the tires every 7,500 miles.
But I wonder if I need to rotate my tires every 7,000 miles.

Any recommendations??
Thank you all.
I do mine every other oil change so around 6k miles, or 5k miles of oil chamge intervals are longer, it does help to rotate and balance, i have noticed tire wears more evenly and last longer, that's just me. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
'...it does help to rotate and balance, i have noticed tire wears more evenly and last longer...'

Except that is 100% wrong. Of course you think the tires wear more even, rotation muddles the odd ball wear you get in only one position. It averages wear out to hide oddball patterns. Then you get tires that later begin to act wonky on the front because you think they are even when the wear if pictured accurately would be all over the map and messed up due to the clash in positional wear. Leading to unnecessary alignments when the car acts funny but the tires look 'great'. Leading to as well at least two tires often changed when they could have lasted longer, what no rotation does, let you change in pairs only and you will always get more use doing that although it makes you change at twice the rate. Changing all 4 tires at once is almost always a waste of money. And why the tire shops push rotation so hard.

I kept numbers there for a while, not rotating my tire life went UP, until it got high enough the tires began to suncrack with good tread still on them. I went to 50K tires as a result from 60K and saved money there too.

FYI, tires will wear out about 30% faster on the back than the front due to no heavy weight like up front on FWD cars, never saw a one that didn't do it. If you run high mileage tires that just eats into your pocketbook even more, you will come far closer to getting max life out of 50K tires than you will 80K tires.

You guys do as you will and why you commonly spend $500 for every $20 I spend on a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts