The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If you guys are looking for tires, Automotive Import market is having a sale: No GST/PST and free install including valves.

I just picked up a set of Hercules 5000Z in 225/40/18 for only C$680 out the door/installed! That is $100 bucks cheaper than the lowest quote I had for any set of 225/40/18 (at Steelcase).

They carry all kinds of brands so it may be worth a call if you looking for a set of tires but I believe it is a limited time offer (autoshow special).

I know Hercules is a no name brand but they look okay. Here's a couple of pics:

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
are those the rims that you picked up from japan?
NICE

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
taz said:
hercules has been around for a while they are like Kelly, cooper, etc. not too bad. They released thier high performance line last year
I researched a bit before buying them and did not find anything negative in particular so we'll see how they perform. Plus they came with Road Hazzard Warranty so I should be okay if anything bad happens.

I even talked Raymond at Gilman as well and he said they should do just fine for daily driving. He also told me C$680 installed is a steal for that size tire so I decided to buy them.

MachoMachoMan said:
are those the rims that you picked up from japan?
NICE
Thanks!

Yes, they are Rota's I got from Japan. The grand total for rims & tires came out to C$1,325.00 so I really can't go wrong!

·
Member Of Altimas.net
263 Posts
Ken those rims looks ill ..... Props bro... It will look sick on the ride...

later

malik

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts
how did you pick up 18's with tires for 1300? thats crazy, where could i get a price like that man?

i live in canada, but i dont got the money right now, keep us posted in the future if they have anymore sales.

do they got a website?

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve99gxe said:
how did you pick up 18's with tires for 1300? thats crazy, where could i get a price like that man?

i live in canada, but i dont got the money right now, keep us posted in the future if they have anymore sales.

do they got a website?
I also doubt that you can get a set of brand new 18's with tires around here for C$1300. You may be able to get a cheap knock off set of 17's with tires for that price if you are lucky.

Only reason why they ended up so cheap is because I got my brother in Japan to buy me the rims and ship them over. I only paid C$645 for the rims including shipping to Canada. The rims were purchased off a Yahoo Japan auction.

As indicated, only the tires were purchased in Canada which I also got a great deal on.

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
taz said:
who did you deal with at AIM? was it phil? I'm undecided if I like him or not, I got my old chromies from there last year.
I worked out the price over the phone originally with a guy named Cornel/Cornal? However, he was out of the shop when I went there on Tuesday.

What does Phil look like? Old guy with grey hair and glasses that acts like the owner of the shop? Or one of the two younger guys: one was probably Italian and the other guy may be Indian?

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
taz said:
cornel is cool phil is he older owner guy
You are right. Cornel was really nice over the phone and even set the last set a side for me with a guaranteed price.

I also talked to the Phil while I was waiting for install but like you said, I'm really not sure about him either. At times, I felt like I was talking to a used car salesman if you know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
Racing Gear said:
You are right. Cornel was really nice over the phone and even set the last set a side for me with a guaranteed price.

I also talked to the Phil while I was waiting for install but like you said, I'm really not sure about him either. At times, I felt like I was talking to a used car salesman if you know what I mean?
I know exactly what you mean. I had a pretty good deal too, but phil was just too different

1 - 14 of 14 Posts