The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Altima 2.5S it has wheel covers not rims. I need to get new tires I do not have the cash for new rims or anything like that. I just want a basic tire which fits the stock wheels. I am probally going to get the Michelin Pilo Sport A/S tires. It seems like a few people had good things to say about these tires on the site.
I am not sure what size i need to get?
I am not sure what size the car came with and do the new tires have to be the exact same size if I am keeping the stock wheels???

·
TRINI member
1,551 Posts
Joseph said:
{chop}I am not sure what size the car came with and do the new tires have to be the exact same size if I am keeping the stock wheels???{/chop}
The car came with 205/60/16. If you are getting new tires, i would suggest 225/55/16. It is a wider tire, but it is within .1 inch of the stock tire. It is not necessary to keep the stock size if you are running stock wheels. The only thing you have to look at when buying tires is the overall diameter. You do not want to get a tire that is more than 6% over the size of the stocker.

Izzle...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I thought the first number the 205 had to do with the width of the tire not the second one 60? I can be wrong,I do not know much about tires, I am more involved in car audio at the time being.
I also was wondering if it is a good idea to go by the tirerack's best sellers list of tires for my car?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also plan on ordering the Eibach pro kit springs when i order the tires not sure if that will change anything regarding tire size?
what does the first two numbers mean 205/65/16????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts