The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does lowering your car make you tires wear wrong even if it is aligned right? Is inner wear just something that comes with dropping the car?

Ive also done some reading about camber bolts. Is it even worth it to get them put on????

·
22,052 Posts
Yes. $45 spent on camber bots is much better than spending $100 plus to replace a tire or two.

When you lower a car that does not have equal length upper and lower control arms, the tops of the tires tilt in the further down you go. If you lower the car and don't correct this tilting, then yes, you will wear the tires unevenly.

If you are going for a 2 inch drop, or more, I would definitely recommend getting camber bolts. Some people didn't need them, while lots of others did. I say get them and be confident that your camber is correct.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Peterson said:
Yes. $45 spent on camber bots is much better than spending $100 plus to replace a tire or two.

When you lower a car that does not have equal length upper and lower control arms, the tops of the tires tilt in the further down you go. If you lower the car and don't correct this tilting, then yes, you will wear the tires unevenly.

If you are going for a 2 inch drop, or more, I would definitely recommend getting camber bolts. Some people didn't need them, while lots of others did. I say get them and be confident that your camber is correct.
I see you have Stillen Camber Plates in your Sig... :D

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
with my experience, i didnt need camber bolts still just recently. 2 years after lowering aint bad.

though after some serious camber wear, i suggest camber bolts ATLEAST! $30 for each axle is way better than paying $150 for a new tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts