The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The standard wheel and tire for the 2.5 models is 205/65 R16. My car was delivered with Continentals. I have been unable to locate a snow tire in this size (in fact, I have been unable to locate any aftermarket tire in this size). I contacted Nissan Canada and their suggestion was to use a snow tire in size 215/60 R16, and reccomended Bridgestone Blizzak's. I found a "Blizzak MZ-02" at Costco. So far so good. The car actually handles better (the lower aspect ratio helps) and it doesn't seem to have affected any of the trip computer settings. (Got 7.4 L/100Km on a recent trip to Kingston on the 401 at 125 kmph.)

Just a point on the interior issue; get over it.

The dash is a truly outstanding overall design. (Of course the extior is also an outstanding design- which is why most of us bought the car in the first place). In Canada the 2.5SL (my car) does not come with the ersatz wood grain applique. So much the better. I looked at the new Camry and while the interior was well finished, it did not inspire. The instrument pod of the Altima reminds me of an Alfa Romeo from the 60's, and the overall simplicity and uniqueness of the dash is truly remarkable.

I also own a 1999 BMW 323i. I drive the Altima more often.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Dashboard

Yeah, good point about the dash design. The first time I saw it, I thought "that's it?" but in fact it turns out to be really awesome in its "simplistic elegance". It's just so different from everything else out there. I hope when Nissan responds to all the comments about the Altima's interior, they don't change the dash's design.
The problem is with the materials (meaning too much 'cheap-looking' plastic) and not the desin itself...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dashboard

The BEST. It is so uncluttered. There are no lumps like the other manufactures` cars. Simplicity with a lot of thought. I love the spedo design, my wife can`t see the numbers from the passenger seat. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
240Z

I know that it's different, but while in the Altima, I feel like I'm sitting in an early-70s Datsun 240Z. I'm not sure if Nissan did this on purpose or my memory is playing tricks on me. However, other than "cheap" materials, I do like the interior. I love the exterior and the overall car.:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: 240Z

Gasman said:
I know that it's different, but while in the Altima, I feel like I'm sitting in an early-70s Datsun 240Z. I'm not sure if Nissan did this on purpose or my memory is playing tricks on me. However, other than "cheap" materials, I do like the interior. I love the exterior and the overall car.:cool:
Yes, one of my other cars is a 77 280Z and it is very similar. The Z has two pods in front of you instead of three though...speedo and tach. The rest of the instruments are in three 3" pods over to the right at the top center of the dash....oil press, temp, volts, fuel, and a clock....a design later copied by the 3000GT/Stealth.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts