The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, if I removed my rims/tires would that mess up the alignment on my car? I want to remove them so I can paint my calipers. Any help here would be appreciated.

·
22,052 Posts
No.

You'll be fine.

If you ever remove the strut or other suspension component, you should get an alignment. You should also get one every 6 months or a year, depending on how much you drive and the road conditions you drive on.

Make sure you clean the caliper with a degreaser or brake cleaner, then you should high temp prime it then high temp piant it. It's easier if you remove the caliper, but not totally necessary.

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not going to use yellow, would NOT match my car. gonna use a tan with a possible sprinkle of slight gold to match my car color, which is sort of like a champagne. Im not gonna paint the calipers I have on now because they are old, just going to buy new rotors and calipers, because I need them anyways. I just got new tires also and they did the alignment. I also had a stud that was stripped because some ass at the dealership overtightened the lug nut with his air gun. So all that came out to 480 with tax. got goodyear eagle tires, so far they are very nice.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
you drive a 2000. unless something is wrong with them, you shouldnt need new calipers. that would be a huge waste of money imo. they arent cheap.

just use a brush and a good cleaner/degreaser.

oh, and about the "sprinkle of gold", i wouldnt even bother. the first time you stop, you will get a "sprinkle of brake dust" that will most likely cover it.

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your thinking of rotors which cost a lot for our cars since they are foreign.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
nope, rotors cost a lot less than the actual calipers do, and the fact that our cars are foreign doesnt make a difference.

even used oem calipers from the salvage yard usually go for over $120 each corner (and thats the minimum). your looking at over $500 to replace all 4 calipers, and that is using used, oem parts.

im not sure how much brand new nissan calipers go for, but im sure its a pretty penny.

$500 is a lot to spend to make your brakes look pretty, when all you need is $20 worth of cleaners, paint, and a little work. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts