The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the Yokohama AVS ES100 tires? What did you think. Im also thinking about Kuhmo ECSTA Supra 712.

Opinions of other good tires?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
But remember the kumho's are summer only tires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are the Yokohamas. They have similar tread pattern.

·
where is that cone from
454 Posts
I had a chance to drive the Kumho at a local autox. the steering reponse seemed not as sharp as other summer tires, you gotta turn early before the corner. the break away is smooth and somewhat predictable. after I got a hang of it, I was able to push it harder after each run. not bad for its price but there are better choice out there. Azenis, S-03 are the top choice.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
S-03 is also the price leader.
the Kumhos are just OK in general for both track and street, Lacking when it's dry FME, very nice when it's wet (I used them for autoX-ing in the rain, give the A4T drivers something to be affraid of).
From the reviews, I'd suggest Azenis mainly as dry tires. Doesn't do that well in the rain at certain tread depth.
Now I'm running some NanKang tires, big blocks of rubber, pretty good so far on the water, a bit too sensitive (edgy) for me when dry. Somehow felt better than the W-10 I ran long ago.
The cooper GT-Z is also not too shabby tires for summer.
The ultimate one I've tried so far are the A032R, but if you're looking for smooth ride, these aren't your choice. That thing practically bite wet or dry, the price also bite me. And it took the tire center about 30 minutes to mount one to a wheel.

·
where is that cone from
454 Posts
Azenis feel it has more grip in wet than RE71 (old school now) in dry. although, they are relatively reasonable tractionin the rain you should never test them out on the public highway, cos they are easy to hydroplan most guys run in STS I know they change their tires before they come to the race.

U12, S-03 is super expensive compare with Azenis but still cheaper than KD.

the only thing that I can really complaint about Azenis is they are very heavy

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
ah yeah, the BFG-KD..heard plenty of good things about it as well.

RE-71, wasn't S-13 came with those stock in JPN? Anyway, a local tire shop owner I spoke to last time (he also autoX), said that the RE-71 didn't work that well in FWD, but that's his opinion, not mine. For me, tires are tires. It's up to you how to use them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts